Pathways Human Dimensions of Fish and Wildlife Conference: May 1-4, 2022

9 مرّات مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Teel,Tara

غير مقروءة،
07‏/04‏/2022، 1:15:59 م7‏/4‏/2022
إلى people-...@googlegroups.com

Join Us for the Pathways: Life Without Salmon? Conference

We will be hosting the conference, both in person and virtually, on May 1-4, 2022: Pathways Conference. For in person attendees, we will be hosting the conference at the Kitsap Conference Center in Bremerton, Washington.

For virtual-only attendees, we will be utilizing a conference app through the Whova platform. We will be offering presentation and networking opportunities both for our in-person and virtual attendees. Register for in-person and virtual attendance here.

This Year's Theme, Life Without Salmon?

Salmon are an icon of the Pacific landscape. Despite conservation efforts, however, the future of the species – and those that depend on salmon for survival – remains in question. With our Pathways theme, “Life Without Salmon?”, we will explore the question: what steps do we take when facing the extinction of a species cornerstone to economic stability, ecological health and regional identity – and what does life look like if conservation fails.

Though this is an in-depth and pressing issue, this is not the only issue in the human dimensions of wildlife field. We encourage any abstracts and presentations that fall under our topics of interest.

Meet Mark Titus of August Island Pictures

We are so excited for our plenary lineup, which includes government officials, tribal representatives, and experts in wild salmon. One of these amazing speakers is Mark Titus, filmmaker and founder of August Island Pictures. He will speak on his vast knowledge of the salmon crisis after the production of two thought-provoking salmon documentaries. Check out a clip of his film, The Breach, here.

COVID Regulations

We are following the precautions and regulations set forth by the Washington State government and the conference center. As of March 12, 2022, the state removed their mask mandate. Therefore, we will not require masks at the conference.

Your safety is important to us. We encourage you to practice social distancing and follow all health precautions that you are comfortable with, such as wearing a mask. If you can no longer attend the conference due to COVID risk, please contact confe...@colostate.edu.

Questions?

Contact our team if you have any questions or concerns at WCNR_hdnr...@mail.colostate.edu.

Thank you,

Pathways Conference Team

 Emily LeBlanc

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Conference and Event Coordinator

232 Forestry Building

Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources

Colorado State University

Fort Collins, CO 80523-1480

emily....@colostate.edu

Basp Simon

غير مقروءة،
06‏/05‏/2022، 5:49:52 ص6‏/5‏/2022
إلى people-...@googlegroups.com،confe...@colostate.edu
Dear team,

I was unable to attend the conference but would like to know what transpired. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best,

Bayingana Simon Peter
Community Organizer
Biodiversity Alliance

Power of Positive Projection: If you have spotted it then you have it!

--
People & Wildlife e-group
A joint initiative of the WildCRU (University of Oxford) and the IUCN SSC Human-Wildlife Conflict Task Force to create a forum for human-wildlife conflicts and solutions.

Teel,Tara

غير مقروءة،
06‏/05‏/2022، 1:28:04 م6‏/5‏/2022
إلى people-...@googlegroups.com،conferences،LeBlanc,Emily

Dear Bayingana,

Thanks for your interest. More information on what occurred at the conference, including presentations and organized sessions, can be found on the conference website: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/pathways/. I am also copying the conference coordinator, Emily LeBlanc, here if you have further questions or would like more information.

Tara

-----

Tara L. Teel, Ph.D.

Professor

Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources

Warner College of Natural Resources

Colorado State University

Fort Collins, CO 80523-1480 USA

tara...@colostate.edu

https://people.warnercnr.colostate.edu/?tara.teel

http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/hdnr

www.wildlifevalues.org

Google Scholar

Basp Simon

غير مقروءة،
06‏/05‏/2022، 4:13:14 م6‏/5‏/2022
إلى people-...@googlegroups.com،conferences،LeBlanc,Emily
Dear Tara,

Thanks for the email reply.

I work with Biodiversity Alliance in Uganda on a project of Human Wildlife Conflict. As a community organizer, I am interested in conservation activities and opportunities such areas such as Wildlife, Marine etc. I am happy to connect with you further to build a stronger network.

Hoping to hear from Emily incase of any additional information that you deem necessary for me to know. Thanks!

Best,

Simon.

--
People & Wildlife e-group
A joint initiative of the WildCRU (University of Oxford) and the IUCN SSC Human-Wildlife Conflict Task Force to create a forum for human-wildlife conflicts and solutions.
---

Robin Rigg

غير مقروءة،
16‏/05‏/2022، 6:53:54 ص16‏/5‏/2022
إلى people-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

There are still a few days left to participate in the Carnivore Damage
Prevention News Readers Survey. We've had a great response and are keen
to get the views of as many of you as possible to guide plans for the
content, style and format of CDPnews in the next few years. If you
haven't already completed the survey, please take a few minutes to do so
here:

https://forms.gle/781wLssM21vRwrZJ8

With best wishes,

Robin