PAT Translation Files

Jake

Oct 25, 2010, 4:16:44 AM10/25/10
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hello everybody!

I'm trying to change the default language in PAT 0.8 (English) for
Spanish. I've already downloaded three files from the svn directory,
called IGuiConstants_es.properties, IGuiMessages_es.properties and
messages_es.properties. The thing is that I don't know what to do with
them and where exactly I should move them to. I've tried to move them
to pat-08.jar library (org/pentaho/pat/client/i18n and org/pentaho/pat/
server/messages folders) but it doesn't work. It is supposed that PAT
automatically gets your browser language and changes it in the plugin,
but it doesn't.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you so much.

Paul Stoellberger

Oct 25, 2010, 6:01:47 PM10/25/10
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to download those files, they are included in the 0.8 build

PAT will try to magically detect your language in this line in tomcat/webapps/pat-0.8/pat/Pat.jsp

if you want to hardcode a language like spanish you can replace that part and change it into:

I hope that helps

-Paul

Jake

Oct 26, 2010, 3:57:25 AM10/26/10
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi again!

Thanks for your answer, but I still have the same problem because I'm
using the PAT Plugin, instead of the PAT Server version, so maybe it's
a problem of the plugin. They don't have the same directory
architecture and the same files, so they won't work in the same way.

I've tried the PAT Server version too, and it works properly by
detecting the language, but the Plugin version doesn't work like that.

I've already changed the line <meta name="gwt:property"
content="locale=<%= request.getLocale() %>"> in the biserver-ce
\pentaho-solutions\system\pat-plugin\resources\pat\Pat.jsp file for
doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you!!

-Jake-