Unable to get data from server: com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: The call failed on the server; see server log for details

Diddy

Jun 30, 2009, 8:26:39 AM6/30/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi,
I've downloaded PAT 0.3 and when executing the query with your sample
data I get following error message: 'Unable to get data from server:
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: The call failed on
the server; see server log for details'.
How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Diddy

Paul Stöllberger

Jun 30, 2009, 4:17:46 PM6/30/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hello Diddy,
do you see any error in the console/log? There should be more
information there...

-paul

bugg_tb

Jun 30, 2009, 4:41:19 PM6/30/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Make sure that the hypersonic db is up and running and the credentials
are correct, I didn't test it, but then again it hasn't changed ;)

On Jun 30, 9:17 pm, Paul Stöllberger <paul.stoellber...@aschauer-

Diddy

Jul 1, 2009, 5:11:45 AM7/1/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi,
When I start the server, I can see in the dos window the following:
-----------------------------
updating schema
table not found: connections
table not found: groups
table not found: groups_users
table not found: users
table not found: user_coonections
table not found: connections
table not found: groups
table not found: groups_users
table not found: users
table not found: user_coonections
schema update complete
-----------------------------

Hypersonic is up and running.

Not too sure if the above has anything to do with the other error
message, but I hope it helps.

I looked into jetty/logs, but I couldn't find any error message there.

Best regards,
Diddy

Paul Stöllberger

Jul 1, 2009, 5:30:03 AM7/1/09
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
Diddy,
there should be something at the end of the console output.
What you pasted is normal. No problem there ;-)

Jul 1, 2009, 5:30:58 AM7/1/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Also let us know what you typed in the boxes :)

On Jul 1, 10:30 am, Paul Stöllberger <paul.stoellber...@aschauer-

Diddy

Jul 1, 2009, 6:08:34 AM7/1/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
How to replicate the Google error:
If I just drop the measures in the rows or columns and specify one
member, and the execute the Query, I get the Google error message.
Sorry, cannot see anything in the DOS window.

It works all fine if I specify something for rows and columns. I'll go
ahead now and test the xmla connection.
One more thing: The "Execute Query Model" button is a bit too big for
my taste and takes too much space. I think same kind of small play
button above the table would be sufficient (next to the small cube
icon and label).
Also, as mentioned last time, the right click alone is not the most
intuitive approach for first time users. A small "options" icon next
to the dimenson/level label would we good, so at least you have a
visual help (in the case you don't know that you have to right click).

Best regards,
Diddy

bugg_tb

Jul 2, 2009, 1:59:08 PM7/2/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Yup currently it doesn't check to see if you've got a valid query
model and will just fail, :)

The current widgets you see are just there for now so we can get the
backend stuff working, if you look on the -dev mailing list you will
see a file of mockups that we will start work implementing very
shortly, so all the ugliness will disappear, we're just putting the
finishing touches to the behind the scenes stuff.

Tom

bugg_tb

Jul 2, 2009, 2:07:39 PM7/2/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Infact dont you move an muscle diddy, here is the mockup for you:

http://pentahoanalysistool-dev.googlegroups.com/web/PAT_storyboards.ppt