Use PAT on BI Server

Diddy

Jul 22, 2009, 9:30:48 AM7/22/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi,
The new release looks quite good! I would like to go ahead and
implement PAT on our BI Server. Can you please tell how I can do this?
Also, I want to replace all the JPivot Views with PAT OLAPTABLE mode.
For example I have a dashboard with 3 olaptables, what is the best way
to reference PAT? Can I reference it in a div tag or what would be the
best way?

Also, does PAT already support background colors and trend arrows?

One small note: your standard download has the port on 9999, not on
8080 as stated in the readme file.

Thanks,
Diddy

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Jul 22, 2009, 9:54:01 AM7/22/09
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diddy,

Glad you like it, integration is not *yet* possible, we had Gretchen knock up a demo for us but it is now out of date, integration will come with BI Server Citrus, I will try and have a Pentaho Plugin ready for when that turns GA, that is currently the only easy way for us to integrate into the BI Server, also you can't *yet* pass it a query, so we're nearly at the point where you could do that, but not quite.

Our next set of releases are going to focus on overhauling the ui for niceness and for far better useability so things like colors and trend arrows will hopefully be coming with that.

Did I put 8080 in the readme, my mistake, the other readme says 9999 I thought I'd swapped the other one, thats what happens when you work at 4:30am ;)

Tom

On Wed 22/07/09 2:30 PM , Diddy diethard...@gmail.com sent:

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Jul 22, 2009, 10:03:28 AM7/22/09
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
in terms of versioning 0.5.x will be ui overhaul, 0.6.0 will be what we consider ready for general use, although not feature complete by any means

Tom

On Wed 22/07/09 2:54 PM , t...@wamonline.org.uk sent:

Diddy

Jul 22, 2009, 10:34:26 AM7/22/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Thanks a lot Tom for your answer! Ok, I'll wait for the next release
then. I am also happy then to write a tutorial on how to use PAT on BI
Server.
In regards to the current release I really like the idea of the
different modes: This will be very useful! Also, the UI improvements
are much appreciated!
Best regards,
Diddy

On Jul 22, 3:03 pm, t...@wamonline.org.uk wrote:
>  in terms of versioning 0.5.x will be ui overhaul, 0.6.0 will be what
> we consider ready for general use, although not feature complete by
> any means
>  Tom
>  On Wed 22/07/09  2:54 PM , t...@wamonline.org.uk sent:
>   Hi Diddy,
>  Glad you like it, integration is not *yet* possible, we had Gretchen
> knock up a demo for us but it is now out of date, integration will
> come with BI Server Citrus, I will try and have a Pentaho Plugin
> ready for when that turns GA, that is currently the only easy way for
> us to integrate into the BI Server, also you can't *yet* pass it a
> query, so we're nearly at the point where you could do that, but not
> quite.
>  Our next set of releases are going to focus on overhauling the ui
> for niceness and for far better useability so things like colors and
> trend arrows will hopefully be coming with that.
>  Did I put 8080 in the readme, my mistake, the other readme says 9999
> I thought I'd swapped the other one, thats what happens when you work
> at 4:30am ;)
>  Tom
>  On Wed 22/07/09  2:30 PM , Diddy diethard.stei...@gmail.com sent:
>  Hi,
>  The new release looks quite good! I would like to go ahead and
>  implement PAT on our BI Server. Can you please tell how I can do
> this?
>  Also, I want to replace all the JPivot Views with PAT OLAPTABLE
> mode.
>  For example I have a dashboard with 3 olaptables, what is the best
> way
>  to reference PAT? Can I reference it in a div tag or what would be
> the
>  best way?
>  Also, does PAT already support background colors and trend arrows?
>  One small note: your standard download has the port on 9999, not on
>  8080 as stated in the readme file.
>  Thanks,
>  Diddy
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1]http://groups.google.com/group/pentahoanalysistool-users?hl=en

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Jul 22, 2009, 10:48:39 AM7/22/09
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
After a quick chat with Paul I decided I'll look into fixing up the Pentaho Plugin next week so you and me can check out how PAT will integrate with the BI Server.

That doesn't mean its ready, but it will give us an idea ;)

Tom

On Wed 22/07/09 3:34 PM , Diddy diethard...@gmail.com sent:

Diddy

Jul 22, 2009, 11:23:43 AM7/22/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi Tom,
Excellent news! I'll be on holidays from Monday onwards for 2 weeks,
but once I am back it would be great to have a look into this! What's
the best way then to get in contact (for you)?
Best regards,
Diddy

On Jul 22, 3:48 pm, t...@wamonline.org.uk wrote:
> [...]
> sent:
>  >  Hi,
>  >  The new release looks quite good! I would like to go ahead and
>  >  implement PAT on our BI Server. Can you please tell how I can do
>  > this?
>  >  Also, I want to replace all the JPivot Views with PAT OLAPTABLE
>  > mode.
>  >  For example I have a dashboard with 3 olaptables, what is the
> best
>  > way
>  >  to reference PAT? Can I reference it in a div tag or what would
> be
>  > the
>  >  best way?
>  >  Also, does PAT already support background colors and trend
> arrows?
>  >  One small note: your standard download has the port on 9999, not

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Jul 22, 2009, 12:04:50 PM7/22/09
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com

Fair enough, well I'll test it at the start of next week and post some results/instructions in here for you.

On Wed 22/07/09 4:23 PM , Diddy diethard...@gmail.com sent:
> [1] t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [2] t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [3] diethard.stei...@gmail.com
> [4] pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
> [5] unsub...@googlegroups.com

Diddy

Aug 10, 2009, 12:18:17 PM8/10/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi Tom,
I am back from holidays and I should have a bit of time this week to
set up PAT on the BI Server. Can you please give me some instructions
on how to do this?
Thanks a lot,
Diddy

On Jul 22, 5:04 pm, t...@wamonline.org.uk wrote:
>   BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
>  Fair enough, well I'll test it at the start of next week and post
> some results/instructions in here for you.
>  On Wed 22/07/09  4:23 PM , Diddy diethard.stei...@gmail.com sent:
>  Hi Tom,
>  Excellent news! I'll be on holidays from Monday onwards for 2 weeks,
>  but once I am back it would be great to have a look into this!
> What's
>  the best way then to get in contact (for you)?
>  Best regards,
>  Diddy
>  On Jul 22, 3:48 pm, t...@wamonline.org.uk [1] wrote:
>  >   BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica,
> sans-serif;font-size:12px;}After a quick chat with Paul I decided
> I'll look into fixing up the
>  >
>  > Pentaho Plugin next week so you and me can check out how PAT will
>  > integrate with the BI Server.
>  >  That doesn't mean its ready, but it will give us an idea ;)
>  >  Tom
>  >  On Wed 22/07/09  3:34 PM , Diddy diethard.stei...@gmail.com [2]
> sent:
>  >  Thanks a lot Tom for your answer! Ok, I'll wait for the next
> release
>  >  then. I am also happy then to write a tutorial on how to use PAT
> on
>  > BI
>  >  Server.
>  >  In regards to the current release I really like the idea of the
>  >  different modes: This will be very useful! Also, the UI
> improvements
>  >  are much appreciated!
>  >  Best regards,
>  >  Diddy
>  >  On Jul 22, 3:03 pm, t...@wamonline.org.uk [3] [1] wrote:
>  >  >  in terms of versioning 0.5.x will be ui overhaul, 0.6.0 will
> be
>  > what
>  >  > we consider ready for general use, although not feature
> complete
>  > by
>  >  > any means
>  >  >  Tom
>  >  >  On Wed 22/07/09  2:54 PM , t...@wamonline.org.uk [4] [2] sent:
> [5] [3]
>  > [1] t...@wamonline.org.uk [6]
>  > [2] t...@wamonline.org.uk [7]
>  > [3] diethard.stei...@gmail.com [8]
>  > [4] pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com [9]
>  > [5] unsub...@googlegroups.com [10]
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [2] mailto:diethard.stei...@gmail.com
> [3] mailto:t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [4] mailto:t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [5] mailto:diethard.stei...@gmail.com
> [6] mailto:t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [7] mailto:t...@wamonline.org.uk
> [8] mailto:diethard.stei...@gmail.com
> [9] mailto:pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
> [10] mailto:unsub...@googlegroups.com
> [11] mailto:pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
> [12] mailto:unsub...@googlegroups.com

Paul Stöllberger

Aug 18, 2009, 10:05:37 AM8/18/09
to pentahoanaly...@googlegroups.com
Hello Diddy,

sorry for the very late reply. I tried to convince Tom to do it, but I guess
doing it myself is faster :-)
We are in the middle of rewriting the whole GUI for the next release and we
don't recommend trying to integrate PAT into the biserver in the current
state.

After the GUI is rewritten we will focus on the BI-Server integration. At
the moment it just makes not much sense if we're rewriting everything
anyway...

The next release will happen in the next month, but no later than the 17th
of Sept.

I hope you have some patience left ;-)

-paul

Aug 25, 2009, 9:18:11 AM8/25/09
to pentahoanalysistool-users
Hi Paul,
Many thanks for your answer! Yes, no problem, I can wait until next
month. In the meantime I can set up a new production server with
Pentaho BI Server 3.5 RC1 on it ... then we can probably use the plug-
in functionality for PAT. I am looking forward to seeing the new PAT
interface!
Best regards,
Diddy

On Aug 18, 3:05 pm, Paul Stöllberger <paul.stoellber...@aschauer-