More Drilling Stuff

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Nov 19, 2009, 4:32:55 AM11/19/09
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will,

Right a couple of issues I need to pick your brains on,
a) whats the process for collapsing a drill, I see removeContext, but as of 9am this morning I'm struggling to get it to work. Although I'll keep tinkering and see what happens.

b) Slightly more importantly, currently in the cellset is there anyway to tell either a) what dimension and dimension is joined with or b) to tell whether a parent members children will be visible in the result set, the reason I ask is because I pass an isExpanded flag to the gui, so the ui knows whether to drill or collapse, but whilst it works if I drill once, if I try and expand a 2nd parent member on that dimension is baulks because currently I have a very crude lookup to see if the children are present, but because you can't tell whilst dimension a dimension is joined to if I expanded All Stores for example, all the All Store cells get tagged expanded.

Is there a logical way around it?

Cheers

Tom

Will Gorman

Nov 19, 2009, 8:40:42 AM11/19/09
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
a) To collapse a drill, you should only need to remove the drill
selection, the only reason you might need to remove context is if an
entire dimension is removed from the axis, but I made the code smart
enough to ignore lingering dimensions in the context.

b) a) I don't understand your question "what dimension and dimension
is joined with". b) A Parent members children would be visible if a
selection was made on them within a dimension.

It sounds like the isExpanded flag needs to be extended now that
drilling has been introduced, I haven't looked at the PAT code so I'm
not sure I can be of much help there. You're UI will need to look
across the axis dimensions when determining what goes into the context
upon drilling. It almost sounds like you have another query model
within PAT that sits on top of olap4j.model?

Will

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Nov 19, 2009, 9:07:30 AM11/19/09
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Will,

I've included a basic jpivot shot to try and help clarify my question, and I'll also now try and put it as simply as possible ;)

In PAT because you cannot use olap4j object types in the gui we have utilized the RectangularCellSetFormatter and have reconstructed it to suit our needs, ie converting stuff into GWT compatible classes. Basically what would make our lives a million times easier is for example in the screenshot, you have Time.2004.children open, but the unique name for that Member is [Time].[2004] but so is the non expanded 2004 in the set below, so when I set the expanded flag it sets it expanded on both members.

I was just wanting to know if it were possible to distinguish between the two, because that would save a lot of resultset traversing and parsing to work out which members have children showing in the resulting table.

Cheers

Tom

On Thu 19/11/09 1:40 PM , Will Gorman wgo...@gmail.com sent:
snapshot2.png

Will Gorman

Nov 19, 2009, 9:55:12 AM11/19/09
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to provide context to setExpanded, similar to how I did it
with the olap4j query model. The context for that example would be
Product Autoart Studio Design.

Will