Re: [pentahoanalysistool-dev:0] Digest for pentahoanalysistool-dev@googlegroups.com - 7 Messages in 2 Topics

Brandon Jackson

Mar 19, 2010, 9:06:03 PM3/19/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tom,

I would gladly work on documentation for PAT.  How do I get started?   Is there a Doc file that I need?

Brandon

 Topic: PAT Docs

Tom Barber

Mar 19, 2010, 10:58:44 PM3/19/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hi ya Brandon,

Until someone comes up with a better idea(apart from I'd like to switch
to a xml format at some point) the doc is available from
http://code.analytical-labs.com much like julian/mondrian we're being
annoying by switching to a different versioning system, mostly cause I'm
a trout, but anyway it gives us more flexability codewise, so if you
want to commit directly to the repo you need to install git. If you
can't be arsed, submit the new doc to here and I will commit it myself.

http://code.analytical-labs.com/pat-framework/pat-end-user-docs/trees/master

This is an OO.org file, tedious maybe, but at least its open source.

Thanks a bunch,
Tom

> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pentahoanalysistool-dev
> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Tom Barber

Mar 21, 2010, 8:55:36 PM3/21/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon and others who are interested,

In the interest of being 'Open' and thanks to Luc's suggestion I decided
to docbook our docs, it might seem like a PITA initially but at the end
of the day it saves on people moaning about which app to use and allows
us to convert to an array of formats quickly and easily.

I've setup a basic-ish template here:

http://code.analytical-labs.com/pat-framework/pat-end-user-docs/blobs/master/PAT_User_Guide.sgml

I think its easy enough to understand. Ping me on IRC if you want to go
over anything.

Cheers

Tom