PAT 0.8 released!

Paul Stoellberger

Jul 15, 2010, 9:07:47 AM7/15/10
to pentahoanalysistool-users, pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hi PAT-fans,

for those of you who didn't notice, PAT 0.8 was released today!
  • New Features:
    New Query Design workflow
    Drill Up (opposite of Drill Replace)
    Major improvements of drill support
    Fix saving queries (especially on mondrian connections)
    Inline schema editor
    Re-Save queries
    Basic Role support
    Multiple Hierarchies

!!! Loading a saved query doesn't show the selections but you can execute the query anyway. And the Drag and Drop query design may still have a few issues. We know about it and will fix this as soon as possible !!!

You can access an online demo at our new server (donations are still welcome ;-)
Feedback is very welcome and needed. Please take some time to give us some feedback and/or file JIRA's!

You can download the following packages:

- PAT Standalone pre-configured server for Windows and Linux/Mac
Download, Extract, run start-patserver.bat / start-patserver.sh and access it via http://localhost:8080/

PAT Standalone WAR
Just drop the WAR file into your favourite Java Webserver and access it via e.g: http://localhost:8080/pat-0.8/
PAT will use per default an in-memory HSQLDB for persistence, so if you restart its all gone.
You can change the settings in tomcat/webapps/pat-0.8/WEB-INF/pat.properties

PAT Plugin (works with biserver 3.6)
Just download and extract the bundle into your pentaho-solutions/system folder
When you start up the User Console just look out for a blue cube icon :-)

The user guide explains how to use and configure the pat-server and pat-plugin

For those of you who are interested in the bleeding edge versions of PAT, we have set up a continuous integration environment:
CI PAT Standalone WAR
CI PAT pre-configured server
CI PAT plugin (without biserver)

Don't hesitate to contact us in case you need some further information, assistance with the download packages, or want to contribute!

Have fun!

-Paul