PAT + geomondrian

igor

Jun 23, 2010, 8:51:56 AM6/23/10
to pentahoanalysistool-dev
Hi developers, what's up ?

I work at CPqD fundation in Brazil and we working on geomondrian
project. So this project was developed on jpivot. Now, we are going to
change this olap interface to PAT. However, the change had a some
problems.

Anybody can help me with the integration of GeoMondrian and Pentaho
analysis tool ?

We can help you in PAT development if you would want.

geomondrian source:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geomondrian/

tks
Igor Nunes

bugg_tb

Jun 23, 2010, 8:59:09 AM6/23/10
to pentahoanalysistool-dev
Hi Igor

Thanks for the email.

Funny you asked, I emailed Thierry Badard yesterday asking pretty much
the same thing as I was interested in incorporating geomondrian and
some protovis ideas I have for V2.

I'm not sure what changes you have made to mondrian though, as we rely
on the olap4j query model. So we may have to make some changes to
olap4j.

If you can provide more information we can make changes accordingly,
also if geomondrian is fully compatible with olap4j, we could just run
a geomondrian build easily, replacing mondrian with geomondrian.

Thanks

Tom

igor

Jun 23, 2010, 2:26:33 PM6/23/10
to pentahoanalysistool-dev
Thanks for your fast answer.

The olap4j version that geomondrian use is 0.9.8-SNAPSHOT.
Fortunately, is the same version used in the Pentaho Analysis tool.
Then, i think geomondrian is fully compatible with PAT's olap4j.

In the old project, designed in Jpivot, we have been working with
PostGres as a geo data provider. So, the change have to be in data
base (hsqldb to postgres) and the olap engine (mondrian to
geomondrian).

What is the first step ?

simlpe like changing the mondrian.jar to geomondrian.jar in the PAT ?

Luc Boudreau

Jun 23, 2010, 2:30:36 PM6/23/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

You might run into missing Datatype values in olap4j's Dictionary class. Could be worth trying though. Adding Datatype values is not a big deal. How is geo-data represented internally in geomondrian? Some decimal format that represents latitude / longitude?

Tom Barber

Jun 23, 2010, 4:29:39 PM6/23/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
If your geomondrian api is the same as mondrian, just swap them out and see how far that gets you.

Cheers

Tom

igor

Jul 7, 2010, 2:32:11 PM7/7/10
to pentahoanalysistool-dev
Hi Tom,

When do you migrate pat to gwt-2.0 ?

Tom Barber

Jul 7, 2010, 4:28:29 PM7/7/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
We have a pom for gwt 2, it has a few issues that don't affect pat but it works. Main migration will happen with v2.

igor

Aug 3, 2010, 9:48:40 AM8/3/10
to pentahoanalysistool-dev
Hi Tom, what's up ?

Thank's for help !

I used the pom.xml for gwt-2.0.3 and migrate mondrian-3.2 to
geomondrian-3.1 (geomondrian-3.2 is not available ) and I include gwt-
maps for used google earth in spatial dimension for PAT.

I tried to merge geoondrian to version 3.2 but the project not
compiled, and i send email to Dr. Thierry Baddard from University of
Lavau but he not responded me.

I had the same error in various alternatives of the developing and I
don't know resolving:

10:31:11,931 ERROR [AbstractServlet] A Chamada de um Procedimento
Remoto(RPC) resultou na seguinte excepção:
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method
'public abstract java.lang.String org.pentaho.pat.rpc
hodError: mondrian.olap4j.FactoryJdbc4Impl
$MondrianOlap4jConnectionJdbc4.createScenario()Lorg/olap4j/Scenario;
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:
378)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:
581)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
188)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
224)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:
62)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
637)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
717)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
290)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
at
org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:
10
at
org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SessionFixationProtectionFilter.doFilterHttp(SessionFixationProtectionFilter.
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:
101)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousProcessingFi
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(RememberMeProcessingFilter
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityContextHold
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:
174)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:
278)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilterHttp(LogoutFilter.java:
89)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextInteg
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:
53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:
175)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
236)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:
167)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
233)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
191)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
102)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
298)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
852)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint
$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
mondrian.olap4j.FactoryJdbc4Impl
$MondrianOlap4jConnectionJdbc4.createScenario(
at
org.pentaho.pat.server.services.impl.SessionServiceImpl.connect(SessionServiceImpl.java:
242)
at
org.pentaho.pat.server.services.impl.SessionServiceImpl.bootstrapSession(SessionServiceImpl.java:
85)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:
307)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:
198)
at $Proxy16.bootstrapSession(Unknown Source)
at
org.pentaho.pat.server.servlet.SessionServlet.bootstrapSession(SessionServlet.java:
55)
at
org.pentaho.pat.server.servlet.SessionServlet.createSession(SessionServlet.java:
160)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:
562)

t...@wamonline.org.uk

Aug 3, 2010, 10:09:35 AM8/3/10
to pentahoanal...@googlegroups.com
Hey Igor,

Nice problem you've hit upon here, we were testing the mondrian scenarios code earlier in the project in an attempt to implement them in pat, but we haven't done so yet.

Your downgrade will upset olap4j though because its looking for stuff thats only in 3.2. You could probably comment out the references in the PAT project to scenarios and that will clear it up for now. Let me know how that goes.

Tom

On Tue 3/08/10 2:48 PM , igor igornu...@gmail.com sent:

> >--
>
> --