Building PAT 0.8 by myself

Amory Huang

Jan 12, 2011, 8:40:50 AM1/12/11
to pentahoanalysistool-dev
Hi everyone

I want to build PAT 0.8 by myself. But I encountered many of problems.

The following is my building step:
1. First, I installed eclipse 3.6, GWT-plugin, subversion-plugin,
maven-plugin into my computer.
2. Then I created a new project by eclipse subversion wizard, set the
repository link from http://pentahoanalysistool.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pat.
3. The system will started to download all of files.
4. But the maven will display an error message, it said maven could
not found out "gwt-incubator-trunk-r1684-trunk-r1684" and
"gwtx-1.5-20081912" from maven repository, so I changed both of
dependency files version ID on pom.xml to "gwt-incubator 2.0.1" and
"gwtx 1.5.3", then the maven error message was gone.
5. But other error message still exist.
6. For Java problem: It said "The method getNameParts(String) is
undefined for the type QueryDimension" and "The method
getNameParts(String) is undefined for the type QueryDimension" from
DiscoveryServiceImpl, PatCellSetFormatter, QueryServiceImpl,
QueryDeserializer, OlapUtil. "The method
lookupMember(List<IdentifierSegment>) in the type Cube is not
applicable for the arguments (String[])" from OlapUtil and
QueryServiceImpl. Actually, olap4j didn't have getNameParts and
getNameParts functions.
7. For GWT RPC problem: It said "AsyncCallback parameterization ? is
not compatible with the synchronous return type void", "AsyncCallback
parameterization ArrayList<MemberLabelItem> is not compatible with the
synchronous return type List<MemberLabelItem>" and "AsyncCallback
parameterization Object is not compatible with the synchronous return
type void" from IQuery, IQueryAsync, IDiscovery, IDiscoveryAsync,
IPlatformAsync and IQueryAsync.
8. For GWT problem: It said "The project 'pat' does not have any GWT
SDKs on its build path", but actually, GWT SDK is in my build path.

Could anyone told me how to solve these problems, or told me the right
way to build PAT.
These problems is bother me for a month.
Thanks.

Amory