Stange (?) behaviour of colon key

geo909

Jan 22, 2016, 10:52:26 AM1/22/16
to Pentadactyl

Hi all,

I am using Firefox 43 and I just installed the Jan 21 nightly. I had used pentadactyl before and I remember that pressing colon (:) would get me to ex mode. However, when I now press colon, I get the following

In order to go to EX mode, I realized by pressing random keys that I have to press 'i' first, i.e., pressing 'i:' give me what I want:

Also, in order to register 'Esc', I need to press it twice. For example, when I'm in Ex mode as in the last screenshot, I'd have to press ESC twice to go to normal mode.

Is that the expected behaviour?

Also, I'm not using a custom pentadactylrc.

Thank you

geo909

Jan 27, 2016, 10:53:12 AM1/27/16
to Pentadactyl
So I found what the problem was. I had installed an addon called vimfx that simulates some vim shortcuts and it had assigned the colon to the native firefox command line. This override pentadactyl and I had forgotten to disable vimfx. How dumb..