Problem with "vim insert" mode

Chris Watson

Sep 23, 2015, 2:15:03 PM9/23/15
to Pentadactyl
Hello,
I am running Firefox v38.2.1-1el6.centos.x86_64 and pentadactyl hg7226, and I have been having issues with inserting in text boxes (e.g., Google searches, writing email in Gmail, etc.) where instead of being put in "Insert" mode, it automatically says "Vim Insert" and doesn't let me type directly in the text box. I have to ctrl+I to open a Gvim window. This isn't a huge issue, but for something like Gmail it often has a lot of "nonsense" (Javascript?) so that I don't know where to start typing my reply (even when I'm not in a multi-response thread). Is there a way to disable this behavior?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Watson

Sep 23, 2015, 6:03:29 PM9/23/15
to Pentadactyl
FYI, if anyone else seems to have issues, I had to disable Pterosaur. Now it works fine.
Chris