Does Pentadactyl import vimperator settings?

guivho

Sep 21, 2010, 11:03:27 AM9/21/10
to Pentadactyl
Does Pentadactyl honor or import the .vimperatorrc and the vimperator
quickmarks?

Secondly, is there somewhere an explanation about why one should leave
vimperator / muttator in favor off pentadactyl / teledactyl?

TIA,

Guivho

Kris Maglione

Sep 21, 2010, 11:11:25 AM9/21/10
to Pentadactyl
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:03:27AM -0700, guivho wrote:
>Does Pentadactyl honor or import the .vimperatorrc and the vimperator
>quickmarks?

It should suffice to rename .vimperatorrc to .pentadactylrc and
.vimperator to .pentadactyl

>Secondly, is there somewhere an explanation about why one should leave
>vimperator / muttator in favor off pentadactyl / teledactyl?

I wouldn't recommend leaving Muttator for Teledactyl at the
moment. As for Pentadactyl, it's mostly a matter of whether you
prefer the changes in the changelog to those in Vimperator. I
will add, though, that the most active developers of Vimperator
for the past 4 years, even considering the past months of
inactivity, have been Doug and I, both of whom are now working
on Pentadactyl rather than Vimperator.

--
Kris Maglione

The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those
happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous.
--Edward Gibbon

bostonvaulter

Sep 21, 2010, 8:53:54 PM9/21/10
to Pentadactyl

On Sep 21, 5:11 am, Kris Maglione <maglion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:03:27AM -0700, guivho wrote:
> >Does Pentadactyl honor or import the .vimperatorrc and the vimperator
> >quickmarks?
>
> It should suffice to rename .vimperatorrc to .pentadactylrc and
> .vimperator to .pentadactyl

Isn't it also necessary to rename the plugin folder to plugins?

Jason