Announcing new custom Slack integrations for Penny University

JnBrymn

Feb 17, 2020, 1:36:46 PM2/17/20
to Penny University
Penny Labs would like to officially introduces a new an improved slack integration: the /penny chat command. This command allows you to create and share invitations for your Penny Chats.

When you enter /penny chat into slack a form will pop up like this:

image (1).png

Update the title and description, set the date, and then you can invite whoever you would like, including individuals and entire channels.

Once you click "Done" then we will show you a preview of what will be shared with others. Click "Edit Details" if you see something that needs to change. Then when you're ready, click "Share" to send out the invitation.

An invitation will be sent to others in slack like this

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 12.31.29 PM.png

If you can attend, then click "Count me in" otherwise click "I can't make it" and we will let the organizer know your attendance status.

Coming very soon we will also provide attending users with a Penny Chat right before the chat starts.

If you're on slack then try out /penny chat  and give us you're feedback. If you're not on slack, then it might be a great time to check us out again because interesting things are happening right now. Log in at https://penny-university.slack.com/ (and tell me if you have any trouble getting in).

Cheers!

JnBrymn

Feb 19, 2020, 11:35:16 PM2/19/20
to Penny University
Oh yeah... and silly me. If you've never visited our slack team, you are invited! There are like 14 buttons on the home page that say "Join us on Slack". Click one of them https://www.pennyuniversity.org/