Data Nerds is once a month data science group that ya'll should come to

ccummings

Feb 10, 2017, 11:49:03 AM2/10/17
to Penny University
Hi everyone,

We've been putting together a small data science meet up that gets together once a month to learn from each other, and talk all things data science. We're still pretty small, and just finding our groove of our order of operations. So we'd like to extend an invite to any Nashville Penny-U'ers to join us.

Here's what happens at one of these meet ups:
  1. Drink coffee
  2. Lightning round where each person talks about what they're learning or have learned about data sciencey stuff since we last met
  3. Book discussion
  4. Data Nerds show and tell
  5. ???
We're just about to start An Introduction to Statistical Learning and are aiming to get through 4 to 5 chapters per meet up.
If you're interested in these topics, please join us for our next meet up on Tuesday, February 14 (yes, Valentines Day <3). We're beginner friendly!

Eventbrite Nashville
209 10th Ave
Suite 300
Nashville, TN 37203

Next meet up is on Tuesday, February 14th.

Jason Myers

Feb 10, 2017, 11:52:50 AM2/10/17
to ccummings, Penny University
What time?

ccummings

Feb 10, 2017, 12:07:04 PM2/10/17
to Penny University
Whoops, sorry I forgot the time.

9:00 am - 10:00 am

jason.orendorff

Feb 11, 2017, 12:56:42 PM2/11/17
to Penny University
On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 10:49:03 AM UTC-6, ccummings wrote:
We've been putting together a small data science meet up that gets together once a month to learn from each other, and talk all things data science.

Awesome!

PSA: If you post your meetings on http://cal.nashvl.org then Rainu Ittycheriah will tweet 'em out to @nashdevcal's 450+ followers on the day of. She's awesome that way.

cal.nashvl.org is super simple. You don't even need an account.

-j