#virtual-coffee chat with Mark Ellis

Nathan Brewer

Jun 1, 2020, 1:34:26 PM6/1/20
to Penny University
Had the pleasure this morning of having my first virtual coffee via donut with Mark Ellis. Mark is a freelance developer and Sys. Admin. in San Antonio, TX. He has some projects with JS, experience with AWS and does some WordPress site management at various scales. He is currently trying to brush up on his Python skills and has interest in Big data and AI. We found some common ground with needing to rearrange our lives somewhat to balance travel pressures and family life.

Our coffee was easy and was run through DM in slack. I confess I was multitasking during our conversation. We plan to continue chatting.

Nice to meet you Mark!

Nathan

ellis...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2020, 1:01:54 PM6/2/20
to Penny University

I enjoyed meeting Nathan for #virtualcoffee yesterday morning. Nathan is a Researcher in Physics for the University of Knoxville, TN. He’s got over 10 years experience in the field of physics and 7 at the University.

We talked mostly about our current careers, which are both remote, and the benefits and challenges that come with that. We both have done extensive travel for our careers and discussed how nice it is to see the world, but how much we love our families and spending time at home.

I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and we plan to continue.

Very nice to meet you Nathan, and thank you for the conversation!

Mark