Any neo4j / cypher experts?

Chris Meador

Aug 8, 2017, 2:42:41 PM8/8/17
to Penny University
I would like to get some help writing path queries to explore this graph I've created in neo4j.

Briefly, I've taken a lot of data from our content management system including items that have been published, modified, and republished over the years (so there is a lineage tree between item publications) as well as editorial comments linked to the users who made them, the items they are referencing, and chronological sequence relationships.

I'd like to explore this graph and look for interesting items, like which items have the most conversations about them, which items have a lot of back-and-forth commenting, which items have the most people commenting on them, etc.  Unfortunately my cypher-fu is pretty weak and I'd love to sit down with someone who has more experience using it and can help me avoid pitfalls.

It's a big graph with about 1.5M nodes and 3M relationships so the paths can get unwieldy if I'm not careful.