Final post of the first bootcamp

jermi...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2008, 9:00:55 PM6/2/08
to Pennsic Bootcamp
First of all guys, thanks for doing this and I hope you enjoyed it.

I need a final few things from you if you don't mind. First I would
like some specific feedback, so please answer the following questions.

1. What positive things did you take away from these past two weeks.

2. Do you think you will incorporate any of the exercises or routines
into your regular workouts. If you don't already do a regular workout
do you want to start?

3. What was the most difficult for you.

4. What did you dislike about the program? (note this is different
from number 3)

5.What suggestions do you have to make the program better?

For the next time I am planning to improve the following areas:
-Articulate the philosphy of the workout plan
-Have all of the exercise descriptions written out
-Have the schedule for both weeks available
-Send out the daily routine the night before
-Give people a little more advanced notice on the things they will
need for the program (interval method, dumbbells etc)

And now one final thing. I need you to start building some buzz for
the next time, if you would, please post something about the bootcamp
either on your LJ/blog or on the rapiernet....or preferably both.

Thanks guys

Owen Townes

Jun 2, 2008, 11:07:50 PM6/2/08
to pennsic-...@googlegroups.com
Any chance you could cook up a maintenance program?

jermi...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2008, 10:46:22 AM6/9/08
to Pennsic Bootcamp
Sure. This should keep you busy.

Start with a bodyweight circuit for a warmup.
10 pushups
12 squats
45 sec plank
Do 2X through without rest.

Move on to resistance supersets (pairs of exercises done back to back
without resting).
-In your first superset, do an exercise for your lower body and an
upper-body pushing exercise (such as lunges and push-ups). Do this
superset three times. Rest a minute between supersets, and do 8-15
repetitions per exercise.
-Second superset, lower-body exercise and an upper-body pulling
exercise (such as lunges and dumbbell rows). Again, do the superset
three times. Rest a minute between supersets, and do 8-15 repetitions
per exercise.

After the supersets do a short interval routine. About 4 or 5 total
intervals. Then finish up with some stretching.

This workout should only take about 45 minutes max. And you should do
it a couple of times a week on the days that you aren't going to a
practice. If you want to incorporate some exercises that focus on a
weakness or directly relate to fencing, you should do them right after
the supersets before the intervals.

~Dominyk