Wednesday workout

1 view

jermi...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2008, 9:21:20 AM6/25/08
to Pennsic Bootcamp
Sorry this is late guys, I meant to send this email out last night but
I fell asleep. And this morning my boss decided to have a really
exciting (for him) meeting as soon as I sat down.

Strength training.
Warmup with a bodyweight circuit. Do 2 times through with no rest.
10 pushups
12 bodyweight squats
20 sec plank

This is a normal strength training routine. Take as much time as you
need between sets, don't take a crazy amount of time, but you want to
be able to complete each set with good form.
20 pushups
20 Dumbbell squats
12 dumbbell parries - 2 sets
2 minute plyometric lunge (2 minutes for each leg)
12 Arnold curls - 3 sets
2 minute wall sit
20 dumbbell butterflies (10 circles in each direction) - 2 sets
10 pistol squats (5 each leg)

Check the exercise description page if you have any questions about
any of these exercises.

Michelle Enzinas

Jun 25, 2008, 9:58:08 AM6/25/08
to pennsic-...@googlegroups.com

2 minute plyometric lunge (2 minutes for each leg)
12 Arnold curls - 3 sets

What is an Arnold curl? What are you calling plyometric lunges?

-Lucia

(Ealdormere)

Jeremy Austin

Jun 25, 2008, 10:09:34 AM6/25/08
to pennsic-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. The terminology is different in the description pages.

Arnold Dumbell Press/Curl
Hold two dumbbells at your sides with your palms facing forward. Start by curling the dumbbells up to your shoulders like a normal curl, from there press them straight above your head while at the same time twisting them 90 degrees so that your palms are once again facing forward. Reverse the motion in a controlled manner, this counts as one rep.

Plyometric Lunge
Lung  forward just like a normal lunge so that the thigh of your lunging leg is parallel to the ground and the shin of your back leg is also parallel to the ground. Instead of pushing back up, hold this position. You can put your hand on the wall to balance yourself if you have trouble holding the position. Hold this position for 2 minutes, or as long as you can.

My bad.

Jeremy Austin

Jun 26, 2008, 12:10:35 AM6/26/08
to pennsic-...@googlegroups.com
Done. This was not as tough as my normal strength training workout so I ended it with pushups to failure.

Thomas Schreiber

Jun 26, 2008, 12:55:13 AM6/26/08
to Pennsic Bootcamp
Well, I finished it a couple of hours ago and forgot to post here.
Doing the wall-sit and the lunges back-to-back wasn't such a good
idea. I managed to get through the push-ups fairly well, which was a
pleasant surprise. Overall, I'm actually feeling better than I did
last night after the workout.