Penn Ave Project Report?

1 view

Stephan Koledin

Jul 7, 2008, 11:20:37 PM7/7/08
to penna...@googlegroups.com
All-

I just saw the article (BGC, The Bulletin, July 2008) about the report
that resulted from the community meeting that occurred in March.

Does anyone have access to an electronic version that we could post or
link to here? The article mentions that the printed version is quite
"hefty", but seems like it would be easy to share via the group/list.

Thanks.
-Stephan

christine brill

Aug 18, 2008, 11:29:45 AM8/18/08
to penna...@googlegroups.com, pat.h...@city.pittsurgh.pa.us
Hi all,

To follow up on Stephan's earlier e-mail, is an updated report for the
Penn Avenue planning project available?

-Christine Brill

--
Christine Brill, AIA
412.443.4210

Stephan Koledin

Aug 19, 2008, 3:44:39 PM8/19/08
to penna...@googlegroups.com
Hi All-

I've finally managed to connect with BGC and got some of the latest
info/progress on the project.

I've uploaded the latest project newsletter to the group (July 2008). It
can be accessed via:
http://pennavepgh.googlegroups.com/web/PennAveProject_Newsletter_July08.pdf

Also of possible interest to the group are the Surdna reports prepared
by MossArchitects (SURDNA) and the full Community Meeting Feedback
Report #1 (CMFR1). I've uploaded both and the various sections can be
found at
http://groups.google.com/group/pennavepgh/files

The newsletter outlines the findings from the community meetings and
describes some of the current and upcoming activities associated with
the project. The following information is listed in the newsletter, I'm
just copying it here for easy reference:

Next Steps:
- Traffic Analysis - summer '08
- Street Lighting Photometrics - summer '08
- Infrastructure Improvement Project & Costs - fall '08
- Public Meeting #2 - fall '08

Information Sources:
- http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/ - City of Pittsburgh website
- ftp://.070661ftp.clients.lrk:13579...@lrkwebfs04.lrkimball.com:21 -
Kimball's FTP Project Site
- http://groups.google.com/group/pennavepgh - Penn Avenue Community
Online Discussion
- http://www.spcregion.org/trans_ppp_tip.sht ml - SPC Draft 2009-2012
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)

Thats a good bit of info to process, but please let me know if I've
missed anything that you think should be uploaded to the group or listed
here.

Thoughts on any of the work/reports so far?
-Stephan