Project Team: Tell us PWSA commitments

1 view

Eileen Kraus-Dobratz

Dec 5, 2011, 9:13:14 PM12/5/11
to penna...@googlegroups.com
To members of the project team:
Please let us know what steps are being taken to assure that all needed water/sewer work is done when the street is dug up for the reconstruction.  As we all know, there are serious problems with water pressure on the Avenue that hamper development.  New owners are having to buy special expensive pumps to get needed water pressure.  To do this dig-up without taking care of the water sewer issues would be a terrible mistake.  I know that PWSA has had a rep at the meetings, but has anyone held their feet to the fire about making commitments on this?  If not, we need to do so before the Jan 12 meeting.  Please let us know what has been committed / worked on in this regard.  Thanks all.
eileen

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Stephan Koledin <skol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Eileen-

I'm not really on the committee/project team but I have gone to a few of the regular team planning meetings (but missed the one this morning).

I've had similar concerns about the various PWSA issues we have along Penn (water pressure, storm runoff/backups, etc.) and don't have a clear understanding about what if anything will be done about the various utilities.

Can someone from the project team (a few are on this list) comment further? Have these questions already been addressed/decided, or are they still open for discussion?

Thanks.
-Stephan

On 12/01/2011 05:14 PM, Eileen Kraus-Dobratz wrote:
Stephan -
Thanks for passing this along.  One concern I have about the
recoonstruction is that it appears that PWSA has taken no responsibility
to do any work on the water/sewer lines while the street is dug up, and
it appears that no one is holding them in any way accountable.  Is there
any way to do some preparation work related to this issue BEFORE this
public meeting?  Are you on the committee?  What is your take?
Thanks.
eileen kraus-dobratz

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Stephan Koledin <skol...@gmail.com
<mailto:skol...@gmail.com>> wrote:

   Hi All-

   Please see the enclosed text and/or attached pdf for details on the
   upcoming meeting which will present the latest information about the
   phase 1 reconstruction project and offer an opportunity to talk to
   the project team. This is an important one that you probably don't
   want to miss.

   Just to be clear, this is an announcement from the project team that
   I'm passing along to help spread the word.

   Hope to see you there.
   -Stephan (5151 Penn)

   -------------------

   NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
   PENN AVENUE RECONSTRUCTION – PHASE I
   CITY OF PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA

   Date:
   January 12, 2012

   Location:
   Saint Lawrence O’Toole Activity Building
   North Atlantic Avenue
   Neighborhood of Garfield
   City of Pittsburgh, PA

   Time:
   6:00PM – Sign In; Refreshments
   7:00PM – Presentation

   THE CITY OF PITTSBURGH, IN COOPERATION WITH THE PA DEPARTMENT OF
   TRANSPORTATION, THE FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION, AND THE PENN
   AVENUE RECONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE, WILL CONDUCT A PUBLIC MEETING FOR
   PENN AVENUE RECONSTRUCTION – PHASE I FROM MATHILDA STREET TO EVALINE
   STREET IN THE BLOOMFIELD AND GARFIELD NEIGHBORHOODS.

   THE PURPOSE OF THE MEETING IS TO PRESENT THE SCOPE OF THE PHASE I
   PROJECT, VIEW THE PRELIMINARY PLAN SET, DISCUSS THE SCHEDULE AND
   PHASING OF CONSTRUCTION AND TRAFFIC CONTROL INCLUDING BUS AND
   VEHICLE DETOURS, AND HEAR ABOUT THE AESTHETICS AND STREETSCAPE
   ELEMENTS FOR THE REVITALIZED CORRIDOR.

   THE PROJECT TEAM WILL BE PRESENT AT THE PUBLIC MEETING TO ANSWER ANY
   QUESTIONS AND PRESENT THE PROJECT PARTICULARS AND PRELIMINARY PLAN
   SET. THE MEETING LOCATION IS ACCESSIBLE TO PERSONS HAVING
   DISABILITIES. ANYONE WHO NEEDS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, HAS SPECIAL
   NEEDS, OR REQUIRES SPECIAL AIDS SHOULD CONTACT:

   PATRICK HASSETT, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, CITY OF PITTSBURGH, DEPARTMENT
   OF PUBLIC WORKS, BUREAU OF TRANSPORTATION AND ENGINEERING AT
   412-255-2883 <tel:412-255-2883>

   For more options, visit this group at
   http://groups.google.com/__group/pennavepgh?hl=en
   <http://groups.google.com/group/pennavepgh?hl=en>.