Anyone recommending a great composter?

Audrey Gold

Apr 30, 2011, 11:18:16 PM4/30/11
to peninsul...@googlegroups.com

Hi -
I am thinking about buying a new composter.   I am not happy with my old Smith and Hawkins biostack.  The pieces are not staying together and the lid does not fit well.  Varmits are in my compost pile.   Eek!

Costco is selling some rolling composters but the reviews are not very good.   If I buy I new system I want it to be something enclosed that really keeps the rats and mice out.

Thanks,
Audrey

Lauren Angelo

May 1, 2011, 5:31:02 PM5/1/11
to peninsul...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in hearing others' suggestions too. My BioStack is
falling apart over time too -- the pieces aren't staying together, and
the lid isn't staying on nicely. Agreed, Audrey! I do still love the
form factor, but I worry about rodents too. My strategy is to do my
best to bury food in there, and I assume that all food on the top will
be a temptation and that rodents can easily get in. I also do not go
to my bin at dusk or after dark.

I did have a rat in my bin a couple of months ago -- UGH.

Lauren

Cameron Colson

May 2, 2011, 11:08:50 AM5/2/11
to peninsul...@googlegroups.com
Would there be interest in an ondemand mulching service?

--
ü No printing of this email.
Cameron Colson

THIS COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY
TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVATE,
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient as stated herein, or an agent of the
intended recipient responsible for delivering this e-mail message to the
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail message to "camero...@californiacompliant.com." In the event
that you review the information contained in this communication,
notwithstanding the fact that you are not the intended recipient or an agent
of the intended recipient, such review will signify your understanding and
agreement that the information in this communication is the senders trade
secrets, and confidential and privileged information and you agree not to
disclose or use such information and agree to be bound by all applicable
laws in connection therewith.

CameronColson
All Rights Reserved