coffee grounds from Peets

Jeral Poskey

Aug 20, 2012, 3:14:09 AM8/20/12
to peninsula-compost
On the topic of coffee grounds, I've gotten grounds from Peet's a couple of times. They will give it to you in bags, maybe 2 to 4 pounds at a time.

Each time I've gotten a little fly outbreak from them. Nothing that bothers me, since my worms are reasonably far from the door, but if I were composting indoors or on a patio, it would be an issue.

Has anyone else had this experience with the grounds from Peet's? Other places?

Jeral

P.S. Interesting fact: Had I wanted to write the sentence as "Has anyone else had this experience with Peet's grounds?", the correct spelling would have been " Peet's's grounds " or " Peet's' grounds ." Ah, grammar.