Re: Digest for peninsula-compost@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Audrey Gold

May 2, 2011, 3:46:12 PM5/2/11
to peninsul...@googlegroups.com
I don't need "On demand" mulching service as my city provides a large green bin for plant material that is picked up weekly.   That handles everything that doesn't fit or work for my composting.

Overall back yard composting has been pretty easy and I'm happy with every thing except the rats and mice that have found their way into my bin.
It was cool to find all these red worms happily making their home in my compost pile.

Happy Gardening to all.

- Audrey

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM, <peninsula-co...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/peninsula-compost/topics

    Lauren Angelo <lauren...@gmail.com> May 01 02:31PM -0700 ^

    I'd be interested in hearing others' suggestions too. My BioStack is
    falling apart over time too -- the pieces aren't staying together, and
    the lid isn't staying on nicely. Agreed, Audrey! I do still love the
    form factor, but I worry about rodents too. My strategy is to do my
    best to bury food in there, and I assume that all food on the top will
    be a temptation and that rodents can easily get in. I also do not go
    to my bin at dusk or after dark.

    I did have a rat in my bin a couple of months ago -- UGH.

    Lauren

    Cameron Colson <camero...@gmail.com> May 02 08:08AM -0700 ^

    Would there be interest in an ondemand mulching service?

    --
    ü No printing of this email.
    Cameron Colson

    THIS COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY
    TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVATE,
    PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this
    message is not the intended recipient as stated herein, or an agent of the
    intended recipient responsible for delivering this e-mail message to the
    distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
    you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
    by e-mail message to "camero...@californiacompliant.com." In the event
    that you review the information contained in this communication,
    notwithstanding the fact that you are not the intended recipient or an agent
    of the intended recipient, such review will signify your understanding and
    agreement that the information in this communication is the senders trade
    secrets, and confidential and privileged information and you agree not to
    disclose or use such information and agree to be bound by all applicable
    laws in connection therewith.

    CameronColson
    All Rights Reserved

Cameron Colson

May 2, 2011, 3:56:26 PM5/2/11
to peninsul...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fine. Should your needs change, to my fellow composters and
rich healthy soil lovers who are curious about the best mulch and
soil prep solution.
Those compostables when obliterated by our mulching service will
provide much richer soil quicker.

Any comments or questions can be directed to me.
Smiles,
Cameron