Multisegment / curved connectors

Mike Lottridge

Nov 9, 2013, 1:49:29 AM11/9/13
to penci...@googlegroups.com
Do these actually work? I've seen several people asking but no answers on how to create multiple segments or adjust the curves

Jeremy Johnson

May 20, 2014, 11:27:01 AM5/20/14
to penci...@googlegroups.com
Indeed.

I've just started using Pencil and after one hour of effort I haven't managed to figure out how to create a multisegment or curved arrow with a path I can control.

It's a darn shame, as otherwise this has been an excellent, usable application.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Arturs Jansons

Jun 27, 2014, 6:42:37 AM6/27/14
to penci...@googlegroups.com
Working with FlowChart Curvy Connectors:

  1. Draw a "Curvy Connector"
  2. Draw a "connectionPoint"
  3. Drag the line end point to the "connectionPoint".
After that line end will stay still on the connectorPoint, so You can change the positon of the "Curvy Connector" and line will change size and path to the "connectiionPoint".
You can change path delivery way: When You drag "Curvy Connector" to the "connectionPoint" - the red rectangle can appear in 8 places (or more) around "connectionPoint" (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_direction)

Tim Fevens

Feb 4, 2015, 2:37:07 PM2/4/15
to penci...@googlegroups.com
This info is great but how does someone who is new to this actually do this?

@FredVandaele

Oct 5, 2017, 4:43:42 AM10/5/17
to Pencil Users
Still not able to do it ..

I tried wiht the 'connection point' from flwochart collection but it is not better.

Anyone could help me on this?

thanks
Fred

David Inman

May 6, 2020, 3:18:21 AM5/6/20
to Pencil Users
After a couple hours googling I see only descriptions of how to enter two point segments - curvy and straight.  I've not seen a single description of adding points 3, 4, ... to any two point segment.  Given the google responses range from 2013 to 2017 without an answer, I give up.  It's a shame, I'd like to use the tool.