Menu items

Christian de Bellefeuille

Mar 1, 2023, 8:52:57 AM3/1/23
to Pencil Users
Hi,

There is a menu in the objects that we can place on our screens, but i can't find how to use it.  Its just a rectangle with no relevant properties and no relevant options on the contextual menu when i right-click on it.

My question is:
  • Does it have some way to add items to it and i'm missing something?
  • I saw that there's another object "Menu item", but it kinda kill the purpose of a menu

What i was expecting is something like:
  • You can edit it's content like a richtext multiline item.  Each line corresponding to a menu item, and with some specific text to render it properly (example:  Tab or few spaces would add an indent to the menu, an & character would put an underline to the next letter, a "-" would add a line separator, etc)
&File
    &Open
    Open &Recent
    &Save
    &Close
-
Se&ttings
&Exit

There could be a wizard when we click on it, or at least having some relevant properties like:
- Menu style (Hamburger, Kebab, Meatball, Doner, custom)
- A list of menu items that we have entered, and let us add a link to another page.  This way we could navigate litterally within our mockups.
- Colors (menu rectangle background, menu items regular: background & text, menu items hover: background & text, etc)

Thanks for the help,
Chris