Lights and fender recommendations

Kevin Moran

Oct 26, 2018, 12:14:42 AM10/26/18
to pen...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

As we venture future into the winter months I need to invest in good bike lighting and fenders.  Looking for some good recommendations.  Willing to invest for my safety.

Cheers,
Kevin

Michael McCabe

Oct 26, 2018, 12:38:54 AM10/26/18
to pen2sf
I use all light & motion, several years old and a lot of wet riding - still going strong.  I have the tail light, headlight tail light combination on the helmet and the giant headlight on the bars, I think that one is the Taz 1600.  Well worth the money and crazy bright.  For fenders I have full wrap arounds I was using that permanently mount, those are awesome if you have the mounts.  unfortunately my new bike doesn't have mounts so back to less good ones that wrap on with rubber straps.  for both I use the SKS fenders, good quality.

m.

Kevin Moran

Oct 26, 2018, 1:01:37 AM10/26/18
to Michael McCabe, pen...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael.  I was looking at the light and motion options.  Probably worth the investment.

What are the mounts needed?  Is this the model your currently using?

--
http://www.pen2sf.com | http://app.strava.com/clubs/pen2sf
---

Jed Michnowicz

Oct 26, 2018, 10:13:50 AM10/26/18
to Kevin Moran, pen...@googlegroups.com
Been happy with this for the rear:

For the front, I have the older model of this:

I mainly use the top three LED's for daytime and the main light is good enough for the short trips I do in the dark (train -> home or first 20 minutes of a morning ride in the winter)

Michael McCabe

Oct 26, 2018, 10:27:57 AM10/26/18
to pen2sf
Yep, those are the ones, make sure to put clear protective film over your frame where the straps wrap around it, the plastic part will dig into your paint otherwise.

Lukasz Pason