Is pellet reasoner backward compatible ?

Swaroop S

Oct 18, 2016, 1:41:47 AM10/18/16
to Pellet Users
I am using pellet 1.0.0 version, I want to migrate to latest (newest) reasoner.I want to know if the latest version is backward compatible or not. Also is there any plan to support Java 8 for this ?

Ignazio Palmisano

Oct 18, 2016, 1:52:10 AM10/18/16
to Swaroop S, Pellet Users
See other email - recent versions of Pellet work with Java 8. Openllet
requires Java 8.

Cheers,
I.

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pellet-users/1534796b-3f78-40c0-9a8d-bb5ba86c6e63%40googlegroups.com.

Swaroop S

Oct 21, 2016, 5:20:01 AM10/21/16
to Pellet Users, ssro...@gmail.com
Thanks I,

Could you please give me exact mail that you are referring to?
If I use Openllet , still all feature related to pellet 2.3.1 will still work or there is any issue?

Regards,
Swaroop

Ignazio Palmisano

Oct 21, 2016, 7:16:16 AM10/21/16
to Swaroop S, Pellet Users

On 21 Oct 2016 10:20 a.m., "Swaroop S" <ssro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks I,
>
> Could you please give me exact mail that you are referring to?

It is the email you just answered to, about the Pellet version.

> If I use Openllet , still all feature related to pellet 2.3.1 will still work or there is any issue?

Openllet is based on the master branch in the Pellet repository, so I assume they're basically equivalent. The main difference is the owlapi version they're compatible with.

Cheers,
I.