Compiling Instructions

Lorenzo Failla

Nov 16, 2022, 6:11:41 AM11/16/22
to Pellet Users
Hi everybody, and apologies since now for this question, but I've been struggling since a while to have a successful maven compiling on my machine, with no result so far.

Tried several JDK/JRE versions, but in the best scenario (jdk1.8.0_202) compilation fails on tests section.

Is there a guide with pre-requisites to get to a successful maven compilation?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me in this.
Regards,
Lorenzo.

Ignazio Palmisano

Nov 19, 2022, 3:16:23 AM11/19/22
to Lorenzo Failla, Pellet Users
On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 at 11:11, Lorenzo Failla <lorenz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody, and apologies since now for this question, but I've been struggling since a while to have a successful maven compiling on my machine, with no result so far.
>
> Tried several JDK/JRE versions, but in the best scenario (jdk1.8.0_202) compilation fails on tests section.
>
> Is there a guide with pre-requisites to get to a successful maven compilation?

If I recall correctly, there was a compile issue due to the types in a
map. I remember solving it in the fork available here:
https://github.com/ignazio1977/pellet/commits/master (it's been seven
years so details are fuzzy).

Hope this helps,
Ignazio

> Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me in this.
> Regards,
> Lorenzo.

Ignazio Palmisano

Nov 19, 2022, 3:18:31 AM11/19/22
to Lorenzo Failla, Pellet Users
On Sat, 19 Nov 2022 at 08:16, Ignazio Palmisano
<ipalmisan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 at 11:11, Lorenzo Failla <lorenz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody, and apologies since now for this question, but I've been struggling since a while to have a successful maven compiling on my machine, with no result so far.
> >
> > Tried several JDK/JRE versions, but in the best scenario (jdk1.8.0_202) compilation fails on tests section.
> >
> > Is there a guide with pre-requisites to get to a successful maven compilation?
>

> If I recall correctly, there was a compile issue due to the types in a
> map. I remember solving it in the fork available here:
> https://github.com/ignazio1977/pellet/commits/master (it's been seven
> years so details are fuzzy).

Having said that, this repository includes my submitted changes and
has a more recent entry - 2017 - that mentions JDK 8. Is this the repo
you're trying to build?
https://github.com/stardog-union/pellet/commits/master

Lorenzo Failla

Nov 20, 2022, 10:46:00 AM11/20/22
to Ignazio Palmisano, Pellet Users
Dear Ignazio,
yes, that is the repo I was trying to build.
Also, tried with the fork you proposed and it compiled flawlessly with JDK 8!
Many thanks for your help!
Lorenzo.