InternalReasonerError: Adding type to a pruned node "anon(222)" ...

modul...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2013, 8:33:33 AM7/19/13
to pellet...@googlegroups.com
Dear pellet user group,

First of all the version of pellet I am using:

command line: pellet 2.3.0
protege plug-in: pellet 2.2.0

to reproduce the error it is sufficient to try to classify the ontology. The pellet reasoner sometimes finishes without error and draws the correct inferences, however most of the time it stops in the middle with the following error (a full stack trace is attached):

Classifying:  62% complete in 00:01Exception in thread "main" org.mindswap.pellet.exceptions.InternalReasonerException: Adding type to a pruned node "anon(222)" not(restrictedDatatype(http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger,[facet(http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#minExclusive,literal(5,(),http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer))]))

I tried to pinpoint the error to a single statement in the ontology, but failed. I do not get the error with a smaller version of the ontology, however as soon as I add a certain amount of subclasses to the "WeatherPhenomenon" class, the error starts to occur.

Can you provide me with more information about this error and what might be causing it in my ontology?You also find the ontology attached to this post.

Thank you for helping out,

Best Regards,

M.
stack_trace.txt
weather_ontology.owl

Lloyd McKenzie

Aug 30, 2013, 11:00:56 AM8/30/13
to pellet...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue.  It appears in both pellet 2.3.0 and 2.3.1.  (The randomness aspect caused me to initially think it was only a problem in one of them.)  I ran the command line reasoner 10 times.  It completed 4 times (though the time varied from 36 to 49 minutes).  The remaining times it failed with the same sort of stack trace you described.  I've attached the ontology I used, the script I ran and the results.  (Renamed to a .zap because Google tends to be sensitive about zip files containing .bat files.)
local.zap

Mareike Picklum

Nov 21, 2019, 8:37:25 AM11/21/19
to Pellet Users
Hey, I just stumbled across this old post and was wondering if there was a solution for this problem? Was it an error in Pellet?
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!
-Mareike