Plugin Pellet for Protégé 4.3

Nicolas Figay

Aug 6, 2013, 9:57:02 AM8/6/13
to pellet...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pellet community,

following since a long time pellet and its usage with Protégé, I discovered that Pellet is not anymore the default plugin with version 4.3 of Protégé, and that it is not proposed as plugin download.
Any idea if just a question of time, or if it means that pellet will not anymore be proposed as plugin for Protégé?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

christopel....@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2015, 9:47:34 PM4/16/15
to pellet...@googlegroups.com
i have same problem. any solution for this?

Andrea Ciapetti

Apr 17, 2015, 6:03:47 AM4/17/15
to christopel....@gmail.com, pellet...@googlegroups.com

I'm currently using Pellet and other reasoners in Protege 5.0 Beta. It's not the default reasoner, but you can download it using the plugins list.

Regards Andrea

Nicolas Boulet-Lavoie

Apr 18, 2015, 11:03:53 AM4/18/15
to pellet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Having the same issue. Can't import the plugin into Protegé. Can you provide a link to the JAR file please? It's also not present in the 5.0 version (there is no Pellet JAR file)

Thanks
Nicolas

Andrea Ciapetti

Apr 19, 2015, 2:01:28 PM4/19/15
to Nicolas Boulet-Lavoie, christopel....@gmail.com, pellet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas and Cristophel,
as I said in the previous email I installed the Pellet reasoner plugin and had the plugin working in a previous installation of Protege 5.0 beta (in my Linux machine). Probably the plugin is no more available since Pellet has migrated its site from the Clarks & Parsia one to GitHub. I've also downloaded and compiled Pellet 2.3.1 from source, but no plugin artifact is generated in the build.
The plugin have been lost in the migration, I don't know exactly when and why....

Anyway I made the plugin available on my Dropbox in JAR binary format.
Just tested with a fresh installation of Protege 4.3 and it worked fine (place it in the plugins folder of your Protege installation).

Best Andrea

Evren Sirin

Apr 22, 2015, 1:23:28 PM4/22/15
to Andrea Ciapetti, Nicolas Boulet-Lavoie, christopel....@gmail.com, pellet...@googlegroups.com
The code for Pellet Protege plugin and the latest plugin jar is in
github now [1]. If you change the plugin registry location in Protege
to point to [2] you should be able to install the Pellet plugin. The
link in the main Protege plugin registry will be updated soon after
which things should work with default settings.

Best,
Evren

[1] https://github.com/Complexible/pellet/tree/master/protege
[2] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Complexible/pellet/master/protege/plugin/plugins.repository
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pellet-users/CAAaTSTQeawpAjbdKRwpAoXJo-ZYRvVJ%3DXt_CTX_hie_RVMngGw%40mail.gmail.com.

Lars Scheel

Aug 6, 2015, 9:28:58 AM8/6/15
to Pellet Users, andrea....@gmail.com, nbla...@gmail.com, christopel....@gmail.com
Hi, i want to use the plugin with the option USE_CONTINUOUS_RULES=true
can i somehow rebuild the jar file with that option enabled?

Ignazio Palmisano

Aug 6, 2015, 10:30:50 AM8/6/15
to pellet...@googlegroups.com

On 6 Aug 2015 14:29, "Lars Scheel" <larshelg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i want to use the plugin with the option USE_CONTINUOUS_RULES=true
> can i somehow rebuild the jar file with that option enabled?

Yes, you can change the configuration and rebuild the plugin using the ant or maven scripts included.
I.

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pellet-users/943d1a07-4811-43b7-88cd-caaf61674432%40googlegroups.com.

Lars Scheel

Aug 6, 2015, 10:55:45 AM8/6/15
to Pellet Users
Thank you for the fast reply.
When I tried to rebuild with the change in "/pellet-master/protege/src/main/java/com/clarkparsia/protege/plugin/pellet/PelletReasonerFactory.java"

etc...
        PelletOptions.IGNORE_UNSUPPORTED_AXIOMS = false;
        PelletOptions.USE_CONTINUOUS_RULES = true;
        PelletOptions.SILENT_UNDEFINED_ENTITY_HANDLING = true;
...etc

with "mvn install" (from the protege dir)
a jar file was created "/pellet-master/protege/target/pellet-protege-2.3.2-SNAPSHOT.jar"

but it did not seem to be the right thing, the old jar file "/pellet-master/protege/plugin/com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar"
was not overwritten as far as I can tell.

(sry for my bad english)

Lars Scheel

Aug 7, 2015, 8:27:18 AM8/7/15
to Pellet Users
Ok, I understand now.
One rebuilds the class files and puts them into the plugin jar by hand.

Rawad Hammad

Aug 19, 2015, 6:51:45 AM8/19/15
to Pellet Users, andrea....@gmail.com, nbla...@gmail.com, christopel....@gmail.com
Hi

I got this error when I run the pellet.jar file.
no main manifest attribute, in com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar

I used this command to run it

C:\propellet>java -jar com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ignazio Palmisano

Aug 19, 2015, 7:46:50 AM8/19/15
to Pellet Users
On 19 August 2015 at 11:51, Rawad Hammad <rawa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got this error when I run the pellet.jar file.
> no main manifest attribute, in com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar
>
> I used this command to run it
>
> C:\propellet>java -jar com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar
>
> Any suggestions?

That jar is a Protege plugin, so it is not run by itself, but added to
a Protege installation. If you copy the jar in the plugins folder of a
Protege installation, you will see Pellet appearing as one of the
options when you select a reasoner in Protege.

Cheers,
I.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pellet-users/38f44a3b-9427-4c6b-ab57-ad727077ee67%40googlegroups.com.

Rawad Hammad

Aug 19, 2015, 8:59:45 AM8/19/15
to Pellet Users
I have added the jar file to list of the files existed in plugin folder in my protege, turning on my protege, changed the path of the protege plugin registry. But was not able to find pellet in the list of reasoners.

That was the reason. Probably I need an extra step to get the pellet appeared in the menu. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rawad Hammad

Aug 19, 2015, 11:17:21 AM8/19/15
to Pellet Users
Oh. It is resolved now. Pellet appeared in my protege becuase I changed to another version where protege is seperated from Java. In my old system I used installed java and protege together but the instructions to run pellet did not work.

thansk

Yash Kesarwani

Apr 19, 2019, 12:59:40 PM4/19/19
to Pellet Users
I am having the same problem. I have installed Protege 4.3.0 on my windows 10. I cannot get the Pellet plugin from github. When I tried updating the plugins using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Complexible/pellet/master/protege/plugin/plugins.repository this link, the message said "No downloads available this time". Also the link you provided is not active. Will you please send me jar file for the same or a link from where I can get the plugin?