PEG.js has a new maintainer

David Majda

May 22, 2017, 1:47:31 AM5/22/17
to pegjs
Hi everyone,

As you may know from PEG.js website and other places, PEG.js was looking for a new maintainer [1]. I'm pleased to announce that the search is over and that I'm handing over PEG.js to Futago-za Ryuu [2][3]. He contributed to PEG.js in the past, he is well motivated and he has lot of plans for PEG.js feature. I’m sure that in his hands, PEG.js will do much better than it did in mine lately.

In the next days, I'll transfer all project assets to Futago-za and then I'll back off from PEG.js completely.

David Majda

--
David Majda
http://majda.cz/

Futago-za Ryuu

May 22, 2017, 8:09:48 AM5/22/17
to PEG.js: Parser Generator for JavaScript
Hi everyone,

I'm Futago-za Ryuu, an avid user of PEG.js for 5 years now, not only using it in many projects, but also just as many mock-ups :D, so thank you David for creating this wonderful project, and a big thank you for handing over PEG.js to me :)

As this is my first major open source project, I hope as the new maintainer I can live up to the work David Majda has done so far, and hope that everyone remember's not to grab their pitchforks and torches when I make my first mistake, which I'm sure isn't far off :D

Over the course of this week, as David mentioned, transfer of all PEG.js project assets will be taking place. During this time, and after, I will be going over what needs the most attention right now, and what I should be doing from now on, although if you have read the issue page mention by David (https://github.com/pegjs/pegjs/issues/503), then you can gain a general glimpse of what I want to do.

If anyone has any suggestions, issues or even advice, your welcome to reply to this message.

Futago-za Ryuu

axil...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2017, 12:23:07 AM6/5/17
to PEG.js: Parser Generator for JavaScript
First of all, congratulation, Futago-za!
Hope (sure!) you will make PEG.js project even better.

And, i have suggestion: please look through GitHub issues and check their current status. First of all feature requests, e.g. https://github.com/pegjs/pegjs/issues/38

I think PEG.js users should know what the work is in progress.
Thanks