Help with project

lukas...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2020, 12:01:58 PM4/7/20
to PEG.js: Parser Generator for JavaScript
Hi everyone, hope it's ok to ask in this group, feel free to delete if not.

I need a parser for a project I'm working on. I played with peg.js earlier and had some issues (mainly because of ambiguity in the grammar).

Is anyone open to a short consulting project and willing to help with writing this grammar? Shouldn't take more than 2-3h for someone who is familiar with peg.js

Just email me your rate (lukas...@gmail.com).

Thanks!
Lukas

Joshua Pratt

Apr 7, 2020, 7:00:47 PM4/7/20
to lukas...@gmail.com, PEG.js: Parser Generator for JavaScript
Hi Lukas,

I am part of an open source project using pegjs and wouldn't mind sharing some details with you but my workplace's NDA means I can't contribute directly.

You should be able to find the pegjs grammar we're using and the '*.arcs' files that contain example code in our DSL.

There's also tests in there, but I have to say, none of it is as clean as I'd like it to be.

Best of luck,

Josh Pratt

Lukas Köbis

Apr 10, 2020, 7:45:05 AM4/10/20
to Joshua Pratt, PEG.js: Parser Generator for JavaScript
Hi Josh,
Thanks for your reply! I managed to set everything up (your repo was helpful) and understand PEG.js enough to build my own grammar. It would be great to be able to specify context sensitive rules but I guess that's not possible https://github.com/pegjs/pegjs/issues/45

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, 2:02 am , <lukaskoebis@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone, hope it's ok to ask in this group, feel free to delete if not.

I need a parser for a project I'm working on. I played with peg.js earlier and had some issues (mainly because of ambiguity in the grammar).

Is anyone open to a short consulting project and willing to help with writing this grammar? Shouldn't take more than 2-3h for someone who is familiar with peg.js

Just email me your rate (lukaskoebis@gmail.com).

Thanks!
Lukas

Lukas Köbis

Apr 10, 2020, 9:14:13 PM4/10/20
to Joshua Pratt, PEG.js: Parser Generator for JavaScript
Actually, one issue just came up. Maybe you can help:
How would I parse strings that contain {{ }} and everything between these separators should be parsed properly.
Examples "jdklas djaslk {{ x[t] }} jdksal {{ y }}"
Output: {
  left: "jdklas djaslk ",
  variable: { name: "x", index: "t" },
  right: {
    left: " jdksal ",
    variable: { name: "y" },
    right: ""
  }
}

Note, that the grammar for inside {{ }} is more complex, so it'd be great if the solution could accommodate for that.

Thanks!
Lukas