sometimes handwriting input goes to NoteTaker and not to my app built using .net SDK

ML

May 31, 2010, 2:08:00 PM5/31/10
to Pegasus Digital Pen
I am working on a 3rd party app using Iogear version of the pen as
input device. I am using .net SDK for getting pen down/move/up events
from the pen for use in my app.

On Windows XP I have 2 processes, PegRoute.exe and Scribble.exe
running for the pen. Normally it all works well, but sometimes for no
clear reason pen input starts going into NoteTaker (i.e. the default
application from the vendor) instead of into my app. I tried fighting
it by killing Scribble.exe, but this seems to seriously degrade
handwriting quality although I still get the pen events.

Has this problem been observed? Is there a way to deal with it?

oded

Jun 1, 2010, 12:46:26 PM6/1/10
to Pegasus Digital Pen
i don't think that notetaker has to run while you try to use your app.