Germany: This Note Taker from Fujitsu Siemens compatible with MAC firmware?

lux

Apr 9, 2009, 7:13:35 PM4/9/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen

Pegasus Technologies

Apr 10, 2009, 5:16:02 PM4/10/09
to pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry.
You need to ask 'Fujitsu Siemens'

lux

Apr 11, 2009, 7:06:09 PM4/11/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen
why? is it may be no OEM product from pegasus? or do they have
different revisions of this product and not all are equivalent to
M210?
or is your relationship to FS not the best?

On Apr 10, 11:16 pm, Pegasus Technologies
<pegasus.digital....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sorry.
> You need to ask 'Fujitsu Siemens'
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:13 AM, lux <lu...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Now i have found a device here in germany. Can use it with your MAC OS
> > firmware?:
>
> >https://www.amazon.de/dp/B001E3G790?tag=digis-21&camp=2906&creative=1...

Pegasus Technologies

Apr 12, 2009, 8:38:10 AM4/12/09
to pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com
Basically, it's the same core hardware (From us).
It should work.

MyTouch

Apr 19, 2009, 3:36:22 PM4/19/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen
Hi

any real life experience with this pen and OS X?

Thank you!

Marc Luijpers

Apr 19, 2009, 4:03:25 PM4/19/09
to pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com
No, not yet.
I'm just oriëntating.

MyTouch

Apr 19, 2009, 5:22:05 PM4/19/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen
just found this :

http://www.ilovegadgets.de/geek-stuff/siemens-fujitsu-mobile-note-taker-fur-mac-os-x/

(sorry, it is in german but acc. to the blog it works - just transfer
of tiffs , no ocr.... )

lux

Apr 20, 2009, 10:15:48 AM4/20/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen
MyTouch:

in OS X it works like a mouse. It's having a fixed orientation to the
screen position. So if you paint a dot on the paper, when take the pen
away & later you come back to the position of the dot, you are also on
the same position on the screen. This makes sense for painting.

in OS X at the moment the receiver can only be used at the middle top
of the paper (not at the left or right corner). It would be better if
they would implement a way to make left & right corner also possible.
The tip of the pen needs to be always visible to the receiver.
Depending on how you hold your hand, your hand can block this. So in
most cases for a left handed person the right corner is a better
position for the receiver. For right handed, it is the left corner.

Independent from the OS:
It's good for painting things which you can't paint with a mouse. Like
a freehand circle. It seems to have no sense for the amount of
pressure. So it is only differencing writing or not writing. The
resolution is OK, but may be it could be better. The pen needs 2
Button cell Batteries. I don't know how long they will last. However,
after 30s not writing, or pressing the key, it goes into sleep. So i
hope it will work for a while.

All in all it is a good usable painting device without pressure amount
recognition!

MyTouch

Apr 20, 2009, 3:30:44 PM4/20/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen
My main focus is on making notes with the pen and than - afterwards -
transferring it to my mac. Is this recommended ? Or is the pen best
used as a painting device as you suggest.

LwB

Apr 20, 2009, 3:56:47 PM4/20/09
to Pegasus Digital Pen
Unless you can get the Unix "libhid" to work for you, you are very
limited under Mac...

partricia wright

Apr 22, 2009, 9:20:54 AM4/22/09
to pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com
I have pegasus mobile note taker for windows. I have vista, but It keeps telling me it cannot find the hardware, so I am unable to use it. Hs anybody else had this problem?
Patricia

> Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:30:44 -0700
> Subject: Re: Germany: This Note Taker from Fujitsu Siemens compatible with MAC firmware?
> From: themone...@gmail.com
> To: pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com

Marc Jenkins

Apr 22, 2009, 5:31:48 PM4/22/09
to pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have exactly the same problem, I think my unit must be faulty,
Can anyone help?

Marc

partricia wright

Apr 23, 2009, 7:20:36 AM4/23/09
to pegasus-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark
I managed to get to work by using it on an old laptop using that still has the old windows 95
 Patricia

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:31:48 +0100

Subject: Re: Germany: This Note Taker from Fujitsu Siemens compatible with MAC firmware?