Branstorming about Airtable

Honza Pobořil

Feb 9, 2021, 2:39:33 PM2/9/21
to peewee-orm
Hello,
I combine Airtable with Peewee in one app, because Airtable is great admin tool for database and I does not need to implement it's UI by myself.

Airtable has pretty usual REST API for the data if each base and also read-only API for metadata.

Could it be possible to work with data stored in Airtable by Peewee models? I could imagine to write driver for Airtable with limited feature set.

Will it be possible to use foreign keys across Airtable models and SQL models? At least for field references, not neccessarily for queries.

Or it will be easier to sync the data between Airtable and SQL database?

Charles Leifer

Feb 9, 2021, 2:59:23 PM2/9/21
to peewe...@googlegroups.com
I can't comment on this personally, but you can look at the code used in `reflection` and `pwiz` to see how introspection and code-generation are done. Also `playhouse.dataset.DataSet` might be a good resource.