peerjs server not working with SSL

Max Kossatz

Sep 11, 2013, 12:26:41 PM9/11/13
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we at Blippex (https://www.blippex.org ) are using peerjs to build a browser plugin based p2p network for transmitting complety annonimized data to our servers.

I tried to run the peerjs-server with SSL-Certificates like it say so in the documentation, but i think i have to tell the client too that the connection is SSL, because all i get is a error message on the client for the POST-request because it tries to connect with http:// instead of https://

Is there a flag on the client side where i can change this? Couldn't find anything in the documentation but i have seen "_secure" in the object for the connection.

Thank you & keep up the great work!
Max

Michelle Bu

Sep 11, 2013, 1:45:21 PM9/11/13
to Max Kossatz, peerjs
Hi Max,

The client currently automatically detects if the current page is SSL, and chooses which of http/https to use. This is not ideal, and we have added a config setting in the most recent iteration that we're currently working on. For now though, you can just go into peer.js and change instances of `http://` and `ws://` to `https://` and `wss://`.

Sorry about this!

Michelle

Eric Zhang

Sep 11, 2013, 1:50:22 PM9/11/13
to Michelle Bu, Max Kossatz, peerjs
Hi Max,

Yep you can look forward to this issue fixed (SSL use will be configurable) in the next version.

Max Kossatz

Sep 11, 2013, 2:21:56 PM9/11/13
to pee...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Bu, Max Kossatz
Great, thank you!