PAR: today's weekly Peeragogy meetup

Pierce Press

Mar 27, 2023, 9:51:23 AM3/27/23
to The Peeragogy Handbook
Abbreviated PAR (Project Action Review)
present: Ray Puzio, Mary Tedeschi, Fabio da Cunha, Steve Yost, Joe Corneli, Charlotte Pierce

Expected: Ray & Joe to discuss Mary Tedeschi's course on Open Future Design; strengthen Peeragogy bonds
Unexpected: Mary arrived, focused the discussion, Charlotte/Steve/Fabio received/offered perspective from their projects
Different: Ray, Joe, came w/different concept of Mary's course; Charlotte on motivations/maintaining interest/focus; Steve's Brandeis contact
Future: Will incorporate today's ideas to improve future projects/workshops. We'll meet again next week! Joe, Ray, Mary do workshop tmrw

JITSI CHAT COPY:
Fábio says:Or this one: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kBKvG65wWDJ2O8GQfxKtfmcBovnDC6P2mcB97TOUndU/edit#slide=id.p ?
Fábio says:Reminds me of Salvatore's Near Future Design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-p9JL4svuo
Fábio says:I meant, the name reminded me.
9:06
me says:anybody care to volunteer for a PAR today?
9:09
Steve Yost
Steve Yost says:https://www.brandeis.edu/facultyguide/person.html?emplid=69957fcf6528db656418863916878ea0e4046b09
9:16
Charlotte: link to daytripper spreadsheet
9:21
Steve Yost
Steve Yost says:https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/03/20/should-everyone-learn-to-code-15-tech-pros-weigh-in-on-why-or-why-not/?sh=50e1211a693e
9:28
Fábio
Fábio says:Thanks for the conversation, everyone! Bye!
9:33
Steve Yost
Steve Yost says:Mary, if you'd like an intro to Pito, I'd be happy. My email: steve...@gmail.com
9:34
Mary Tedeschi
Mary Tedeschi says:Thank you I will see you tomorrow in class for the workshop

Lisa Snow MacDonald

Mar 27, 2023, 4:27:14 PM3/27/23
to peer...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Joe Corneli

Mar 29, 2023, 9:44:08 AM3/29/23
to peer...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Briefly, the workshop went well, and was quite a bit more engaging (I thought) than the previous times when Ray and I guest-lectured on Mary's course, and just did a Q&A.

I'd like to especially highlight that our session on Monday felt a lot like how we envisioned the Peeragogy Accelerator, ≈10 years ago. https://oer14.oerconf.org/archive/14/static/applications/3c2d3c5e-da2c-4109-9a26-8a083776d4c5/OER14_107_Danoff_Help_Design_the_Peeragogy_Accelerator.docx

As Ray remarked, the fact that we now see it naturally working was less by "luck" than by diligent preparation.

Joe