PAR from today's drop-in

Peeragogy Project

Feb 27, 2023, 10:14:53 AM2/27/23
to The Peeragogy Handbook

Weekly Peeragogy Drop-in 2/27/2023

Present: Charlotte Pierce, Fabio da Cunha, Karl Hakkarainen

PAR: Y’all feel free to augment the PAR! (Charlotte)

Expected - check in with peeragogues, every Monday at 9AM US Eastern Time

Actual- fascinating conversation about AI/ChatGPT and how to engage students/teachers; trust building by being here

Unexpected - practical steps on the engagement challenge (Fabio), venting about reaction to AI webinar (CP); practical tool ClickUp

Future - We’ll be back next week! Karl will book livestream/podcast with Steve Yost.

From the chat:

Fábio

Fábio says:

https://robertedwardgrant.com/

9:09

Charlotte:

Karl, if you & Steve Yost could coordinate on a time for a podcast about the synergy between your project:

https://calendly.com/piercepress/peeragogy

9:11

Karl Hakkarainen says:

Will do. My time frees up after next Tuesday, so I'll find a time to talk with him and then you.

9:12

Charlotte:

cool

Fábio says:

https://sharing.clickup.com/3119379/t/h/864dvb3ef/C4FFW1FU88R2RO1

9:13

Charlotte:

IPNE.org

Charlotte:

thecreativepenn.com - our expert on webinar about AI in publishing

Charlotte says:

need to examine direct impact of climate change, AI (Karl)

need real-life examples (7' snow in Sierra Nevadas, etc.)

analog vs. ai - there were problems with analog before; need to bring our brains up to speed

9:45

Karl Hakkarainen says:

https://www.wired.com/story/99-phones-fake-google-maps-traffic-jam/

9:46

Charlotte says:

https://megaphone.upworthy.com/p/fake-traffic-jame-iphone-wagon (Karl beat me to it)

Consider those who may not have the bandwidth to critically assess AI generated (GPS example, driving into lake)

photo
Charlotte R. Pierce
Publisher, Sculler, Podcaster

781-258-9608 | cpi...@post.harvard.edu