PAR (Project Action Review) from Monday, December 19th, 2022 Peeragogy Meeting

Contact Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory

Dec 19, 2022, 9:59:22 AM12/19/22
to peeragogy...@lists.peeragogy.org, peeragogy, Fábio Luís da Cunha Filho, lisa macdonald, Vitor Bruno, Vitor Bruno, Joe Corneli
Howdy, Peeragogues!

Thanks for another good meeting today!

Attendees: Lisa, Vitor, Fábio, Joe and me (Charlie)

We're moving our upcoming meeting from Monday the 26th to January 9th.

Happy Holidays and happy New Year, everyone!! =]

Review the intention: what did we expect to learn or make together?

  • Joe: planning to rejoin the discussion after being out last week
  • Fabio: learn more about each one here and how we can collaborate
  • Vitor: reinventing the wheel, how to move forward, no one filled out the form, maybe we want to keep things the way they were, want to be productive
  • Lisa: futher the discussion from last week, when Vitor said people want to be heard, gave me psychological basis for peeragogy, many businesses do already acknowledge that people want to be heard ana acknowledged

Establish what is happening: what and how are we learning?

  • Peeragogy can be tough for newcomers

What are some different perspectives on what’s happening?

What did we learn or change?

  • Joe: Move from a discussion phase to a doing phase
  • Writeup history, lesonse learned

What else should we change going forward?

  • Charlie: I will fill out Vitor's form
  • Lisa: in terms of communicating with businesses: helps people be heard ... also gives flexibility for change ... thinking about Fabio's diagrams, give a good example of what you're changing from/to ... change meaning
  • Lisa: find video of what Charlotte did with that organization where certain approach failed and then they changed their approach
  • Joe:  team up around differnt projects
  • Joe: come back in January with something to show
  • Vitor: and bring a friend to join the group!
  • Fabio: be tying to contact individually to collaborate more specifically
  • Joe: make a diagram with roles and history of project
  • Next meeting = January 9th
  • Have a productive rest in the meantime!
  • Creative idleness! :)
Slightly Edited Meeting Chat from Jitsi

Lisa w/ Bad Internet says:Hello!
Lisa w/ Bad Internet says:Yes\
8:00
Vitor

8:01
Lisa w/ Bad Internet
Lisa w/ Bad Internet says:It is downloading whatsapp which may take a bit.
8:02
Vitor
Vitor says:Vitor Bruno
what is peeragogy?
Peeragogy is a term that refers to a collaborative approach to learning and teaching that emphasizes the role of peers in supporting and facilitating learning. In a peeragogy environment, learners take on an active role in their own learning, working together with their peers to identify goals, develop strategies, and assess progress. This approach is based on the belief that learning is a social process that is most effective when it is collaborative and participatory. Peeragogy can be applied in a variety of settings, including formal education, informal learning communities, and online learning platforms. It is often used in conjunction with other approaches to learning, such as self-directed learning and project-based learning.
Vitor says:
https://chat.openai.com/chat

8:03
Lisa w/ Bad Internet
Lisa w/ Bad Internet says:(I did not send the notes. Thanks to whoever did.)
8:07
Vitor
Vitor says:it was me Lisa 😃
8:09
Charlie
me says:Nice wu tang connection, Joe!
8:12
Vitor
Vitor says:Lisa this could interesting to you:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3392177361/?eBP=JYMBII_JOBS_HOME_ORGANIC&refId=BJ8Ii85%2BwyH6%2FutC%2FqyZlg%3D%3D&trackingId=L6XvJz0JnG0lGwRf0sRFJw%3D%3D&trk=flagship3_jobs_discovery_jymbii

8:14
Lisa w/ Bad Internet
Lisa w/ Bad Internet says:Vitor, interesting. Thanks.
8:20
Vitor
Vitor says:peertrepreneurs?
8:28
me says:In terms of specifics with learning Englsih and peeragogy Fabio
me says:This is article I wrote about using peeragogy for learning English as a Foreign Language
https://neltaeltforum.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/335/

8:29
Fábio
Fábio says:Thanks, Charlie!
8:30
Vitor
Vitor says:nice mustache Charlie 😃
8:30
me says:You're welcome!
8:30
Fábio
Fábio says:If you have any other links related (of your work), I'd appreciate it!
8:30
me says:Here is a English course i ran on Wikiversity
me says:
https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/United_States_English_Introduction

me says:Vitor this is the current quickstart guide
8:33
Vitor
Vitor says:do you know?
https://otter.ai/home

8:33
me says:If you think this can be better!
me says:
https://peeragogy.org/quickstart_guide

me says:That would be great?
8:33
Vitor
Vitor says:that's a great quickstart 😃
8:34
Lisa w/ Bad Internet

8:39
Vitor
Vitor says:that group that we tried to talk together:
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9021043/

Vitor says:
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_%C3%93cio_Criativo

steve.yost

Dec 31, 2022, 5:24:43 PM12/31/22
to Peeragogy
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I may attend your January 9th meeting. I'd hope to just be a learner as I get to know about your effort.

Happy New Year!

Best,
Steve

On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 9:59:22 AM UTC-5 Contact Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory wrote:
Howdy, Peeragogues!

Thanks for another good meeting today!

Attendees: Lisa, Vitor, Fábio, Joe and me (Charlie)

We're moving our upcoming meeting from Monday the 26th to January 9th.
[...]

Contact Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory

Jan 8, 2023, 12:25:03 PM1/8/23
to peeragogy
Hi, Steve!

Happy New Year!

> I was wondering if I may attend your January 9th meeting. I'd hope to just be a learner as I get to know about your effort.

Yes, you may attend our January 9th meeting! :-)

Thanks for your interest!

I'll add you to the invite.

Would anyone else like to join?

- Charlie

Fábio Luís da Cunha Filho

Jan 8, 2023, 12:54:32 PM1/8/23
to peer...@googlegroups.com
What time? At 2PM GMT I’m available. Or before 1 PM GMT I would also be available. Anyway, I hope to be able to join!

Atenciosamente,
​Fábio Luís da Cunha Filho

Coordenador do ​The Club

WhatsApp | Instagram | Facebook

Contact Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory

Jan 8, 2023, 1:11:27 PM1/8/23
to peer...@googlegroups.com
Olá Fábio!

> What time? At 2PM GMT I’m available. Or before 1 PM GMT I would also be available. Anyway, I hope to be able to join!

It'll be at 2PM GMT/UTC!

I just sent the invite.