ways to get involved in the peeragogy project

Joe Corneli

May 7, 2021, 5:30:52 PM5/7/21
to Peeragogy
Thanks to the recent Housekeeping meeting and a continuation of it on Thursday, I've been able to move all of our TODO items into some nice manageable packets, covering:

Community, Website, Course, Paper, Podcast, Project Miscellany, and Handbook

All of these topics are also reflected in the Handbook. The point of this note is to emphasize that there are now lots of other ways to get involved in the project, in addition to work on the Handbook itself!

A further announcement in that respect: we decided to convert our Thursday podcast production meetings into general-purpose meetings covering all of these topics.  Scheduling details are on the calendar, which you can subscribe to with Google Calendar or with other calendar software.  Some of the themes are likely to need their own meeting series: details follow, based on specific interests that people express.

For now, here's the full task list broken down by section. If you notice something that's missing please say so!  A useful next step will be to further refine and prioritize the items within each subsection.  Cross-references to the most closely related parts of the Handbook appear on the left — in some cases these may also need to be updated.

Peeragogy Community
  newcomer:   Develop an Outreach pattern (Charlotte interested)
  newcomer:   Do some inter-community networking
  newcomer:   "Inreach" to existing mailing list people create a mini-bio portfolio?
  peeragogy:  Look around for other venues book? ads? consultations? public speeches? courses? mentorship?
  problem:    What about an intro to peeragogy for... project managers? … agile practitioners? … artists?
  scrapbook:  Emacs Research Group, meetings, report back with PARs, maybe a chapter + tools Peeragogy bolt-on for Emacs
  share:      Look around for other venues in which to share peeragogy

Peeragogy Website
  context:    Blog about progress?
  heartbeat:  Actual meeting times to be added to peeragogy.org
  heartbeat:  Quarterly business meeting
  heartbeat:  Meetings for those who want to show up one weekday morning and one weekend?
  intro:      Update/maintain Quick guide (text, graphics, video?)
  scrapbook:  Software Tools
  scrapbook:  Mailing list
  scrapbook:  Events
  scrapbook:  What to do with the PARs
  wrapper:    Blog about progress? — share Sacha's guide and start doing it! Joe
  wrapper:    Revive existing dashboard
  wrapper:    https://peeragogy.org/ needs to get a graphical frontend UX review - what is peeragogy (2 sentences)?
  wrapper:    Quick guide (text, graphics, video?) This is what it is, this is why it's important

Peeragogy Course
  context:    Convert Berkeley 3 week into next pitch [50%]
  heartbeat:  Actual schedule for the course to be determined
  newcomer:   Develop an Outreach pattern
  newcomer:   "Inreach" to existing mailing list people create a mini-bio portfolio?
  newcomer:   Joe can give a demo that shows how he edits the peeragogy.org website
  newcomer:   A section on Github could be offered to course participants
  newcomer:   We can repeat the kaiju workshop as needed
  peeragogy:  Set up little sessions to do the course, maybe doing 30 minute or longer sessions to build up the topics
  peeragogy:  Course — Berkeley 3 week + longer version for Tufts
  peeragogy:  Start by making a natural extension of the 3wk v and compression
  peeragogy:  Diploma for completing the course - origami
  peeragogy:  Outreach to students as appropriate
  scrapbook:  Workshop w/ Emacs groups to share Org Mode skills

Peeragogy Paper
  convene:    Lit Review
  patterns:   Outline a good pattern paper for PLoP 2021?
  patterns:   Integrate what we said about patterns in the anticipation paper here
  reduce:     Any miscellaneous follow up from paper for Special Issue of Futures Journal for Anticipation
  reduce:     Do a CLA using collected peeragogy PARs as data
  scrapbook:  Connect Patterns, Next Steps PARs, and CLA
  scrapbook:  Submit other papers
  specific:   Adaptation of paper for book
  specific:   Docs about PARs to be circulated more widely

Peeragogy Podcast
  context:    Podcast production meetings
  context:    Upcoming podcast recording sessions
  context:    Get podcast contributors lined up & committed
  context:    Podcast checklist can become a chapter
  context:    Develop an Outreach pattern
  convene:    Streamyard: getting started
  specific:   Can each podcast become a handbook chapter or mini-handbook?
  wrapper:    Podcast checklist can become a Handbook chapter
  wrapper:    Podcast outreach + other outreach
  wrapper:    Meetings for those who want to show up for sourcing guests, doing promotions, include Arlington Media

Peeragogy Project Miscellany
  action:     Do a CLA using collected PARs as data
  convene:    Audit of Our Resources
  top:        Describe the new pattern "SPREAD TASKS THIN NOT PEOPLE"

Peeragogy Handbook
  top:        Work some more on the ‘poem’ version of the handbook
  assessment: Pull together the Reading Group annotations as a plan of revision
  carrying:   writing articles in PT_BR — have an edition in Portuguese?
  context:    Book meetings
  convene:    Is there a way to put a concrete invitation to work on Version 5 into Version 4?
  convene:    Lit Review
  heartbeat:  Book meetings for those who want to show up one weekday morning and one weekend?
  intro:      Revise Introduction to emphasise the practical problems being addressed
  organizing: Think about our pattern collection
  practice:   Editorial revisions to the presentation of patterns
  problem:    What about an intro to peeragogy for... project managers? … agile practitioners? … artists?
  problem:    Can we revise the text of Lisa’s Introduction adequately highlight the problem we’re addressing?
  roadmap:    Pull together the Reading Group annotations as a plan of revision
  scrapbook:  Revisit outtakes and use them as compost pile
  scrapbook:  Process ‘orphan’ chapters
  solution:   ‘Patternize’ the major sections
  solution:   Merge existing patterns as subsections of the major sections
  specific:   Version 4 of the Handbook
  specific:   Get contributors lined up & committed: contact, spreadsheet
  specific:   Can each podcast become a handbook chapter or mini-handbook?
  top:        Keep patternizing the rest of the handbook
  top:        Keep working over the comments from the Reading Group
  wrapper:    Podcast checklist can become a Handbook chapter

Howard Rheingold

May 7, 2021, 5:35:23 PM5/7/21
to peer...@googlegroups.com
If y’all can provide me with a not-too-long paragraph on “ways to get involved in the peeragogy project,” I can tweet it.

Howard Rheingold
follow on Twitter: @hrheingold
My complete works: rheingold.com
SUPPORT ME and get a juicy flow of knowledge and art on patreon.com/howardrheingold
what it is ---> is --->up to us

Joe Corneli

May 7, 2021, 7:33:07 PM5/7/21
to Peeragogy
Many thanks Howard!  Subject to approval:

The easiest way to get involved in the peeragogy project:
JOIN US in our live meetings — now on Thursdays at 9AM Eastern. https://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=3iq41odpn85s51mem8cgekmong%40group.calendar.google.com — plus Course design, Paper writing, Community building & more ongoing via https://peeragogy.org/quickstart_guide

Howard Rheingold

May 7, 2021, 8:07:12 PM5/7/21
to peer...@googlegroups.com
I like the proposed graf and links, would like to preface it with something on the order of “Since 2011, an international community of educators and researchers have been growing a handbook for peer-learning and an expanding list of peeragogical projects.”

correct if you’d like