Lord Harris

Observer

Jun 14, 2023, 8:18:57 AM6/14/23
to Peerage News
It's not been on here, as far as I know, but Wiki has it that the 8th Lord Harris (barony, 1815) died earlier this year.

gorgo...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2023, 8:27:58 AM6/14/23
to Peerage News

Anthony Thomas Scott Harris

8th March 1942 - 17th March 2023

It is with a deep sadness that we announce the funeral service for Anthony Thomas Scott Harris, a loving father, grandfather, brother & friend.

bx...@yahoo.com

Jun 14, 2023, 2:05:56 PM6/14/23
to Peerage News
This is one that Debrett's has updated.

The (new) 9th Baron is Michael George Temple Harris (b. 1941), a kinsman of the previous baron.  The hp is his brother John Frank Temple (b. 1944).

A quick glance at those in the collaterals, who are next in the line of succession, are older.  I believe the youngest one I saw was b. 1966.

Brooke

marquess

Jun 14, 2023, 9:01:32 PM6/14/23
to Peerage News
There is a Scott Harris b 1980, son of George Harris, let's hope he has married and has issue.

https:/www.maltagenealogy.com/LeighRayment/

Jun 14, 2023, 10:38:44 PM6/14/23
to Peerage News
The new Baron was born 5 July 1941 and last noted as Rear-Adml in Burkes 106th edition.

marquess

Jun 15, 2023, 4:12:27 AM6/15/23
to Peerage News
I made a mistake, that Scott Harris was born in 1960 not 80. One can only hope that some information is missing for this family and someone has married with male issue.

pyvery

Jun 15, 2023, 6:11:22 AM6/15/23
to Peerage News
I had noticed the old age profile of the heirs.

Does anyone know where they live?

pyvery

Jun 15, 2023, 7:08:35 AM6/15/23
to Peerage News
I have done a little further research

Gerald Rutherford Harris 1928 died in 2017 and lived in british Columbia father of Scott born 1960

his brother Alfred was in the Canadian mounted Police

the final heir Robert Julian b 1943 lives in London and was married to Lady Camilla Osborne.

colinp

Jun 15, 2023, 7:15:21 AM6/15/23
to Peerage News
Gerald Rutherford Harris's wife Vernette M Harris died 2016

Vernette M Harris February 26, 1935 - May 19, 2016.

Vernette was born in Vancouver and attended John Oliver Secondary before moving to the small community of Tsawwassen. She is survived by her husband of 60 years, Gerry; her children - Shelley (Corey) and Scott (Michele); 4 grandchildren - Bryan, Megan, Kristy and Rebecca. Vernette's strength and love will not be forgotten. No service by request.

So it seems Scott's wife/partner is/was Michele.  Possibly Bryan is his son and may be in remainder

colinp

Jun 15, 2023, 7:16:57 AM6/15/23
to Peerage News

gorgo...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2023, 8:28:05 AM6/15/23
to Peerage News
Gerald HARRIS Obituary

HARRIS, Gerald August 28, 1928-September 12, 2017 Gerry will be remembered for his generosity, his positive outlook, his wonderful sense of humor, and his love for his family, friends and the local community. Gerry is survived by his children, Shelley (Corey), and Scott (Michele), his grandchildren, Bryan (Stephanie), Megan (Jon), Kristy (Manuel), Rebecca and great grandchild, Dayton. Gerry's wife, Vernette, was the love of Gerry's life. They were married in 1955 and moved to Tsawwassen in 1959.

https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries/nsnews/name/gerald-harris-obituary?id=42130635

Robert Jewell

Jun 15, 2023, 1:38:08 PM6/15/23
to Peerage News
That obit shows Scot with a wife Michelle. If the grandson (Bryan) is Scott's son, he'd be an heir, but it is just as likely that he could be Shelley and Corey's son.
And it is weird to go to Find-a-Grave and get a result of a Gerald M. Harris 1928-2017, in Milledgeville, Georgia.