Allegra Mostyn-Owen, ex-wife of Boris Johnson

Shinjinee

Jan 23, 2010, 5:40:34 PM1/23/10
to Peerage News
Born circa 1964. Only daughter of art historian and landowner William
Mostyn-Owen (b 1929) and his former wife Gaia Servado (an Italian
author) who were married for 28 years before separating. She married
Boris when both were 23, on 5 September 1987. They separated in 1990,
briefly reconciled and divorced in March 1993. Boris is now married
to Marina Wheeler, and Allegra has recently remarried a much-younger
Pakistani Muslim man. (Has she also changed her religion?). She has no
children by either husband
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-565508/The-socialite-named-Allegra-Boris-Johnsons-wife.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245418/Boris-Johnsons-ex-secret-Muslim-husband-shocked-family.html

How is she related to the Mostyn-Owens here?
http://www.thepeerage.com/p24679.htm#i246786

William Mostyn-Owen is the son of William Mostyn-Owen (d 1825, an MP
for Montgomeryshire) and his wife Rebecca Dod.1 He married Harriet
Elizabeth Gordon-Cumming, daughter of Major T. Gordon-Cumming.1
Children of William Mostyn-Owen and Harriet Elizabeth Gordon-Cumming
1. William
2. Arthur Mostyn-Owen b. 13 Nov 1814, d. 20 Feb 1896 -> issue
3. Captain Francis Mostyn-Owen b. 1815 -> issue
4. Henry
5. Charles
6. Sarah Harriet Mostyn Owen, fl. 1830s–1850s. Eldest daughter of
William Mostyn Owen of Woodhouse. Married first Edward Hosier Williams
(d. 1844) in 1831 and secondly Thomas Chandler Haliburton in 1856. A
correspondent of Charles Darwin
7. Frances (Fanny) Mostyn-Owen (not Francis!), who married Robert
Myddleton-Biddulph
and other issue not listed in thepeerage.com

http://www.stirnet.com/HTML/genie/british/mm4fz/mostyn3.htm (paid
subscription for earlier family genealogy)
or
http://www.prattens.co.uk/families/OWEN/TREES.TXT
(see William Mostyn-Owen of Woodhouse, who died 1725 [sic])
.........N1 Mary Owen, had son.
..........M1 William Mostyn, had son.
...........L1 William Mostyn Owen of Woodhouse, died 1725.
............K1 William Mostyn Owen, had children.
.............J1 William Owen.
.............J2 Arthur Owen.
.............J3 Francis Owen.
.............J4 Henry Owen.
.............J5 Charles Owen.

http://www.burkespeerage.com/familyhomepage.aspx?FID=0&FN=MOSTYN2-482
"WILLIAM MOSTYN-OWEN, of Woodhouse, Salop, and of Aberuchill Castle,
Perthshire, Lord of the Manor of Rednal, Employed with Christie,
Mansons and Woods; born 10 May 1929..."

Shinjinee

Jan 23, 2010, 5:42:49 PM1/23/10
to Peerage News

On Jan 24, 3:40 am, Shinjinee <ssenpub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Born circa 1964. Only daughter of art historian and landowner William
> Mostyn-Owen (b 1929) and his former wife Gaia Servado (an Italian
> author) who were married for 28 years before separating.

Sorry, SERVADIO, not Servado. According to her author website, Gaia is
married
with three children.

Shinjinee

Dennis Cunniff

Jan 24, 2010, 12:04:04 AM1/24/10
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 23, 2010, at 5:40 PM, Shinjinee wrote:

> [Allegra Mostyn-Owen, b]orn circa 1964. Only daughter of art

> historian and landowner William
> Mostyn-Owen (b 1929) and his former wife Gaia Servado (an Italian
> author) who were married for 28 years before separating. She married

> Boris [Johnson] when both were 23, on 5 September 1987. ...

> How is she related to the Mostyn-Owens here?
> http://www.thepeerage.com/p24679.htm#i246786
>
> William Mostyn-Owen is the son of William Mostyn-Owen (d 1825, an MP
> for Montgomeryshire) and his wife Rebecca Dod.

An additional Mostyn-Owen sighting:

Liz Mostyn-Owen & her husband Maj. Warren Freeman-Attwood were the
parents of Julian David Warren Freeman-Attwood, who in 1998 married
Emily Magda "Emmy" Rothschild, daughter of (Nathaniel Charles) Jacob
Rothschild (4th Baron Rothschild, 5th Bt) and his wife née Serena
Mary Dunn.

Julian and Emmy are parents of two daughters, Ivy Antarctica and Lily
Tibet.

I don't know what connection Liz Mostyn-Owen has to any other Mostyn-
Owen...

-- Dennis J. Cunniff

Shinjinee

Feb 4, 2010, 8:12:11 AM2/4/10
to Peerage News
I have been asked to post the following on behalf of the subject of
this query:

Allegra Mostyn-Owen is the only daughter and middle (second) of three
children of William Mostyn-Owen and author Gaia Servadio (website:
http://www.gaiaservadio.com/). Her younger brother Orlando Mostyn-
Owen, a painter, is a dual national like her mother.

Gaia Servadio is now married to Hugh Myddelton Byddulph, a distant
cousin of her first husband. Myddelton Byddulph is from an old Marches
family based at Chirk.

I have no further information on how she is descended from the Mostyn-
Owens I found, but a search on Burke's Peerage (which I don't have
access to) will produce the necessary information, I suspect.

Thanks
Shinjinee