Lord Snowdon's out-of-wedlock offspring

Shinjinee

Jun 6, 2008, 5:14:38 AM6/6/08
to Peerage News
I knew about the child by Melanie Cable-Alexander, but does Lord
Snowdon also have a daughter by Camilla, wife of Jeremy Fry, as stated
here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1024259/The-man-I-love-Snowdons-mistress.html
"Jeremy Fry's wife Camilla, by whom Lord Snowdon has a daughter, was
not the only "possession" of the chocolate heir coveted by the
photographer."

Shinjinee
(trying to keep track of issue not previously recorded or acknowledged
in the reference books)

Shinjinee

Jun 6, 2008, 5:26:00 AM6/6/08
to Peerage News
According to this story, it is correct.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1023184/Snowdon-daughter-cheating-Margaret.html

The daughter is Polly Fry (b. 1960) and she was one of Snowdon's
godchildren. Officially, she was one of Jeremy and Camilla Fry's five
children together - does that include Cosmo Fry, first ex-husband of
Lady Cosima Somerset (nee Vane-Tempest-Stewart), herself biologically
daughter - per herself - of Robin Douglas Home?

Polly Fry (conceived around September 1959, and born in summer 1960)
is married to businessman Barnaby Higson, and has five children of her
own.

The whole story sounds very Edwardian (or Victorian), I must say -
minus the drugs, that is. (I don't know if the extramarital liaisions
of the 18th and 19th century included drugs!).

Shinjinee

Source of the Daily Mail story:
SNOWDON: THE BIOGRAPHY by Anne de Courcy, published by Weidenfeld &
Nicolson on June 12.

On Jun 6, 2:14 pm, Shinjinee <ssen_ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I knew about the child by Melanie Cable-Alexander, but does Lord
> Snowdon also have a daughter by Camilla, wife of Jeremy Fry, as stated
> here?
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1024259/The-man-I-love-Snowdo...

Michael Rhodes

Jun 6, 2008, 6:29:04 AM6/6/08
to Peerage News

On 6 Jun, 10:26, Shinjinee <ssen_ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Polly Fry (conceived around September 1959, and born in summer 1960)
> is married to businessman Barnaby Higson, and has five children of her
> own.

Polly married Barnaby P Higson in 1986 and has issue:-

Cressida Camilla Higson born 1987
Phoebe Frances Higson b 1989
Augusta Mary Higson b 1991
Minna Violet Higson b 1995

===

Shinjinee

Jun 6, 2008, 6:59:01 AM6/6/08
to Peerage News

On Jun 6, 3:29 pm, Michael Rhodes <migx73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Polly married Barnaby P Higson in 1986 and has issue:-
>
> Cressida Camilla Higson born 1987
> Phoebe Frances Higson b 1989
> Augusta Mary Higson b 1991
> Minna Violet Higson b 1995

Thanks for the names.

The Daily Mail story says she has five children (one more?) and that
she is one of five children herself. However, obits for her father
(legal father anyway) say that he left four children - two sons and
two daughters.

The younger son is Cosmo Joseph Fry who married 1981/1982 (div 1986)
Lady Cosima, and is now a hotel entrrepreneur. The elder son is
Francis Fry, of whom I have no details. Polly is one daughter. I
assume that one child predeceased Jeremy Fry (d. 2005 Madurai, India)
and his ex-wife Camilla (nee Grinling, d 2000).

Shinjinee

marquess

Jun 6, 2008, 7:01:15 AM6/6/08
to Peerage News
Unless her father is a Scottish Peer with a peerage in remainder to
the heirs general, and then perhaps married the mother of the child,
then I can't see the significance to the peerage.

On 5 Jun, 22:29, Michael Rhodes <migx73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Michael Rhodes

Jun 6, 2008, 11:06:15 AM6/6/08
to Peerage News

On 6 Jun, 12:01, marquess <marquessmarqu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Unless her father is a Scottish Peer with a peerage in remainder to
> the heirs general, and then perhaps married the mother of the child,
> then I can't see the significance to the peerage.

It's of interest to those wishing to keep up to date with the
descendants
of the Earl of Snowdon. Obviously, despite his numerous progency,
the only heirs to his earldom and viscountcy are Lord Linley and his
son, Charles.

===