Rosemary Parker-Bowles (19 Jan 1940 - 10 Jan 2010) 2nd wife of Andrew Parker Bowles (Macclesfield E)

Shinjinee

Jan 13, 2010, 9:25:49 AM1/13/10
to Peerage News
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1242690/Camillas-ex-hit-death-second-wife.html

"But last night Parker Bowles was alone again after his charming
second wife Rosemary, 68, died following a heroic [four year long]
battle against cancer."

"Mother of three Rosemary died at her home near Malmesbury, Wiltshire,
on Sunday night. She was said by family members to have been 'amazing'
in her last months."

She was born Rosemary Dickinson, the daughter of a solicitor, on 19
January 1940 in Northumberland, and was first married to Lieutenant-
Colonel (John) Hugh Pitman (b 1935), with whom she had three children.
Her former husband was apparently brother of Lavinia Pitman, wife of
the late 5th Baron Fermoy (1939-1984 d by suicide), the maternal uncle
of Diana, Princess of Wales, and mother of the present Baron and his
brother (and heir presumptive).

She apparently died the night Sunday 10 January 2010. Could anyone
confirm and provide more details of her ancestry and first marriage?

Her first husband Lt-Col Hugh Pitman and his sister Lavinia (now wife
of Nigel Edward Corbally Stourton) are apparently descendants of Sir
Isaac Pitman, inventor of the Pitman system of shorthand (stenography)

Her son Henry Pitman, married to Elizabeth or Lizzie Noel, is
mentioned. Her daughter-in-law Lizzie Noel (or Pitman) unsuccessfully
campaigned to win the Sedgefield, co Durham seat against Tony Blair.

Also, any relationship to Diana's flatmate Virginia Pitman, who is
said to be daughter of Major Tommy Pitman (of Leyburn, Wensleydale,
north Yorkshire) and who married banker Henry Clarke (as his 2nd wife)
in 1991.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/dianas-flat-flatmates-and-friends-8412.html

Children of Rosemary Parker-Bowles

http://www.thepeerage.com/p24480.htm#i244798

Children of Lt.-Col. John Hugh Pitman and Rosemary Dickinson

* Henry John Pitman+5 b. c 1961
* William Hugh Pitman+4 b. 13 Jun 1965
* Thomas Pitman+1 b. 5 Jul 1969

Issue listed therein

Shinjinee

Shinjinee

Jan 13, 2010, 9:37:11 AM1/13/10
to Peerage News

On Jan 13, 7:25 pm, Shinjinee <ssenpub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.thepeerage.com/p24480.htm#i244798
>
> Children of Lt.-Col. John Hugh Pitman and Rosemary  Dickinson
>
>     * Henry John Pitman+5 b. c 1961
>     * William Hugh Pitman+4 b. 13 Jun 1965
>     * Thomas Pitman+1 b. 5 Jul 1969
>
> Issue listed therein

Henry is married to Elizabeth Noel (as of 1996) and has two children
Luke and Marina
William is married to Caroline (as of 1997) and has four sons
Thomas is married to Lucinda Lee-Steere, and has one son and one
daughter

Total grandchildren apparently eight - six grandsons and two
granddaughters.

Her former husband Hugh Pitman remarried in 1991, and has two sons and
one daughter by his second wife.

Sir Isaac Pitman (1813-1897) -> Ernest Pitman (1864-1948) -> Major
John Pitman (d 1943) -> Lt Col (John) Hugh Pitman (b. 1935)
(a cousin Valerie Pitman married a son of the 3rd Earl Cowley as his
4th wife, and died 2009 having produced 2 sons)

hopewell

Jan 13, 2010, 12:36:28 PM1/13/10
to Peerage News
Her children were the same age as Diana.....

Michael Rhodes

Jan 14, 2010, 5:55:34 AM1/14/10
to Peerage News
PARKER BOWLES
Rose died peacefully at home aged 69 on 10th January 2010 having
bravely fought cancer for several years. A Funeral Service for family
and local friends will be held at 11.30 a.m. on Monday 18th January in
St Aldhem's Catholic Church, Malmesbury. A Thanksgiving Service will
be held in London at a later date. No flowers but donations will be
gratefully received by The Blues and Royals Welfare Fund
(Afghanistan), Combermere Barracks, Windsor, SL4 3DN.

Daily Telegraph 14 Jan 2010

Turenne

Jan 14, 2010, 2:23:49 PM1/14/10
to Peerage News
Shinjinee wrote:

.Her first husband Lt-Col Hugh Pitman and his sister Lavinia (now wife
.of Nigel Edward Corbally Stourton) are apparently descendants of Sir
.Isaac Pitman, inventor of the Pitman system of shorthand
(stenography)

Lt-Col Hugh Pitman is Sir Issac's great-grandson.

Nigel Edward Corbally Stourton is a grandson of the 20th Baron
Stourton, 23rd Baron Mowbray, and 24th Baron Segrave and Mary Margaret
Corbally d. of Matthew Elias Corbally, M.P.

Richard L

Michael Rhodes

Jan 19, 2010, 4:15:49 AM1/19/10
to Peerage News
The two-acre garden at her home was one of the great passions of her
life. Now, a week after Rosemary Parker Bowles's death, her other
great love, her husband, is arranging to have his wife's ashes
scattered there. 'She created our garden from scratch, designing it
herself but using help for the heavier work, and after nine years she
reckoned she had made the perfect garden,' Brigadier Andrew Parker
Bowles told me after the standing-room-only funeral yesterday at St
Aldhelm's Church, Malmesbury, near their Wiltshire home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244278/27k-week-ministers-jet-set-villa.html#ixzz0d32IQpnk

Princess Anne was among the 200 mourners, as were Andrew's daughter
Laura and daughter-in-law Sara. Rosemary's sons from her first
marriage, Henry and William Pitman, and Andrew's food-writer son Tom,
from his marriage to the Duchess of Cornwall, gave readings. The theme
of the garden was constant. Verses on the order-of-service included
this from writer Minnie Aumonier: 'When the world wearies / And
society ceases to satisfy / There is always the garden'; and this from
Dorothy Gurney: 'The kiss of the Sun for pardon / The song of the
birds for mirth / One is nearer God's heart in a garden / Than
anywhere else on Earth.'

--==--=

Michael Rhodes

Feb 9, 2010, 8:03:11 AM2/9/10
to Peerage News
A memorial service for Mrs Andrew Parker Bowles takes
place at the Guards Chapel Wellington Barracks,
25 March 2010, at noon.

--==--

Michael Rhodes

Apr 2, 2010, 7:34:03 AM4/2/10
to Peerage News
They were divorced 15 years ago after the revelation she'd been having
an affair with Prince Charles during their 22-year marriage.
But Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and her ex-husband Andrew Parker
Bowles still have a lot of affection for each other, which was clear
today.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1260663/Camilla-Andrew-Parker-Bowles-memorial-service-wife-Rosemary.html#ixzz0jwREKbCq

Camilla, 62, was greeted with a fond kiss by Andrew as she left at a
memorial service for his second wife Rosemary who lost her long battle
with cancer in January.
Fond greeting: Andrew Parker Bowles says goodbye to ex-wife Camilla,
Duchess of Cornwall after a memorial service in London today in honour
of his wife Rosemary who died in January after a battle with cancer

They warmly embraced as she left the at Guards Chapel in London today
- where Rosemary's funeral service was held in January - to celebrate
her life.
She had stuck close to her Brigadier ex-husband throughout the service
as they and other family and friends remembered the second Mrs Parker
Bowles at the chapel on Birdcage Walk in Westminster.

Camilla and Andrew, 70, were married in 1973 and have two children,
Tom and Laura, but divorced in 1995 after the Prince of Wales admitted
to having a long-term extra-marital affair with her during their
marriage.

Andrew, who is said to have had a brief relationship with Princess
Anne in 1970, married his longtime companion, Rosemary in 1996, the
year after he divorced from Camilla.
Both couples have remained close, and Andrew and Rosemary even
attended Camilla and the Prince of Wales's wedding on April 9, 2005.
Camilla has also proved to be a rock for her ex-husband as he
struggled to come to terms with the death of his wife.
In memory: Camilla and Andrew leave the memorial service which
celebrated Laura's life

They are also grandparents to four grandchildren after both Tom and
Laura became parents.
Food critic Tom and his fashion features editor wife Sara Buys have a
daughter, two-year-old Lola Rosalind, and a son, Freddy, was was
welcomed into the world at the end of last month.
Their cousins, twins Louis and Gus were born to Laura and her husband
Harry Lopes on December 30, just a couple of weeks before Mrs Parker
Bowles sadly passed away.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1260663/Camilla-Andrew-Parker-Bowles-memorial-service-wife-Rosemary.html#ixzz0jwRUDq7e