David Vincent Guy de Pass 1949-2016

Michael Rhodes

Sep 14, 2016, 3:13:39 AM9/14/16
to Peerage News
_. David Vincent Guy de Pass died 20 August, 2016. He married (1) 1982, Angela Shand Kydd, daughter of Peter Shand Kydd, sometime step~father of Diana, Princess of Wales.

The Daily Telegraph death notice says he's the husband of Violet. Son of the late Lt-Cdr and Mrs John de Pass.

-=-
Message has been deleted

G. Willis

Sep 14, 2016, 6:04:55 AM9/14/16
to Peerage News
Just a few notes on the de Pass family:

D. V. G. de Pass was b. 1949, was a solicitor, and appears to have lived at Palm Beach, Florida for some time; his mother was Marie Elizabeth E. (1914-1988), dau. of Frederick Oscar Eberhardt. I could find nothing on a marriage to 'Violet', unfortunately. His father, Lt-Cdr John Gerard Irvine de Pass (1924-1981) R.N., died at Kensington, but was buried at Mansfield, Richland, Ohio, U.S.A., further suggesting some kind of American connection. Lt-Cdr de Pass's father was Gerald V. de Pass (1894-1959), a Colonel in the British Army (served with the 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards as a Lt, perhaps remained with them), who married Elizabeth B. B. Irvine. His father was John Jacob de Pass (1853-1922), of the London Stock Exchange, of Bayswater, who married Ada Kate de Pass [b. London], dau. of Arthur D. de Pass [b. Lynn, Norfolk] (thus presumably a close relation). J. J. de Pass was the son of David Daniel de Pass (1817-1890), a merchant born at Lynn, Norfolk, resident at Paddington, formerly Bloomsbury; given his place of birth, D. D. de Pass is presumably of the notable Sephardic Jewish family of de Pass, who were shoe manufacturers there; according to several sources, this family descends from Elias [de] Paz, among the original 'Twelve Jew Brokers' of 1697- for more details of which, see here (I certainly knew nothing whatever about this subject; I'm sure some here are better informed on this kind of thing though!) http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/3737-brokers-jew