Hazel Breagha Self

Michael Rhodes

Feb 14, 2010, 7:50:51 AM2/14/10
to Peerage News
_.Celia Self (née Cooke-Hurle), wife of Charles Self, and scion of the
Cooke-Hurle LG family, gave birth to a daughter, Hazel Breagha, 7
February, 2010.

Charles is the second son of Mr and Mrs Edward Self, of Edinburgh, and
Celia is the elder daughter of Mr and Mrs Joseph Cooke-Hurle, of
Devon.

--==--

Shinjinee

Feb 15, 2010, 8:28:51 PM2/15/10
to Peerage News
Again, a query.

Here is the happy mother, I think.

http://thepeerage.com/p5462.htm

[begin extract[
Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle
M, #54611, b. 1930

Last Edited=10 May 2003
Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle was born in 1930.
Children of Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle and Prudence Aline Molesworth-
St. Aubyn
Celia Cooke-Hurle b. 1970
Penelope Cooke-Hurle b. 1971

[end of extract]

Any connection to Alison Margaret Cooke-Hurle, now Countess of Rosse,
wife of Lord Snowdon's half-brother the 7th Earl of Rosse, via his
mother and daughter of Major John Davey Cooke-Hurle.?
See
http://thepeerage.com/p1113.htm

Shinjinee

On Feb 14, 5:50 pm, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Shinjinee

Feb 15, 2010, 8:30:01 PM2/15/10
to Peerage News
Another Cooke-Hurle sighting

http://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2009/04/moira-cooke-hurle-dies-aged-87.html

Michael wrote in 2009

"Moira Cooke-Hurle (nee King), who has died aged 87, was widow of Maj
Frederick Joseph Cooke-Hurle (b 6 Jun 1914; d 17 Jan 1969), scion of
the Cooke-Hurle LG family of of Startforth Hall, Barnard Castle, Co
Durham; the former Moira Bernadine King, she married Maj Cooke-Hurle,
30 Dec, 1946; and leaves issue, two sons, (i) Robin Edward, b 26 Dec
1948 & Charles Frederick Cooke-Hurle, b 31 Jul 1951, & daughters-in-
law Patrizia and Jo, & grandchildren, Clare, Tim and Mary and great-
granddaughter Emily. Funeral Service, 24 April 2009, at St. Mary's
Church, Copythorne, Cadnam."

How does she fit into the genealogy with the other Cooke-Hurle scions
I found?

Shinjinee

On Feb 14, 5:50 pm, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Shinjinee

Feb 15, 2010, 8:57:46 PM2/15/10
to Peerage News
Answering myself (I really should search further before posting a
query)

http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d1.htm

Joseph Cooke-Hurle (1814-1894) -> 6 sons and 1 dau

Joseph Cooke-Hurle -> [eldest son] Joseph -> [only son] Reginald
Joseph -> [only son] Joseph Robertson -> [2nd dau] Celia (b. 1970)
Joseph Cooke-Hurle -> [3rd son] John Arthur -> John Davey -> Alison
Margaret md Earl of Rosse
Joseph Cooke-Hurle -> [6th son] Edward Forbes -> Frederick Joseph md
Moira Bernardine King (d 2009)

So, Celia Cooke-Hurle now Self is the second cousin removed of the
Countess of Rosse and the second cousin once removed of Lord
Oxmantown. She is the granddaughter of Moira Cooke-Hurle's husband's
first cousin (i.e. the late Frederick Joseph's first cousin twice
removed).

My source
[http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d4.htm#i1077]

from which I developed the following:
2.Lt Col Joseph Cooke-Hurle, described as a clergyman (1859-1930). He
md Lilian Margaret Thomas (1867-1906) in 1886, and had issue 1 son and
4 daus.
2.1.1. Reginald Joseph Cooke-Hurle (1904 -?) md Joy Robertson Paton in
1928
2.1.1. their son Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle (b 1930) md 1stly 1951
Angela Buckley (d ), by whom issue 1 dau (b Nov 1951). He md 2ndly
1969 Prudence Aline Molesworth St Aubyn (b 1937), daughter of Sir John
Molesworth St Aubyn, Bt, and had issue 2 daus.
2.1.1.2. Celia Hermione Cooke-Hurle (b.1970), but she is Joseph's
second daughter.

4. John Arthur Cooke-Hurle JP (1863-1941) md 1902 Alice Mary Davey, 1
son and 3 daus
4.1. John Davey Cooke-Hurle (1907 - ) md 1939 Margaret Louisa Watson,
1 son and 2 daus. the elder dau:
4.1.2. Alison Margaret Cooke-Hurle (b 27 Feb 1939 Darlington,
Yorkshire) who md 15 Oct 1966 Richmond, Yorkshire William Clere
Leonard Brendan Parsons, 7th Earl of Rosse (b 21 Oct 1966), and had
issue 1 son and 1 dau (1 other son d after birth 1981)
[http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d2.htm#i814] John Arthur Cooke-
Hurle
[http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d3.htm#i826] John Davey Cooke-
Hurle
[http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d3.htm#i826] Alison Margaret
Cooke-Hurle

6. Edward Forbes Cooke-Hurle (1866- 1923 in a hunting accident)
married 1stly 1903 Grace Davey (d. 1908) [sister of Alice Davey
above?], and had issue 1 daughter. He md 2ndly 1913 Muriel Penelope
Maitland (1885-1961), and had issue 1 son:
6.1. Frederick Joseph Cooke-Hurle (1914-1969) md Moira Bernardine King
(who died April 2009 as Moira Cooke-Hurle)
http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d2.htm#i817 [Edward Forbes]
http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d3.htm#i1401 [his son]

Now where does Norah Lilian Cooke-Hurle nee Fry fit in?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norah_Fry

Shinjinee

On Feb 16, 6:28 am, Shinjinee <ssenpub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Again, a query.
>
> Here is the happy mother, I think.
>
> http://thepeerage.com/p5462.htm
>
> [begin extract[
> Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle
> M, #54611, b. 1930
>
> Last Edited=10 May 2003
>      Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle was born in 1930.
> Children of Joseph Robertson Cooke-Hurle and Prudence Aline Molesworth-
> St. Aubyn
> Celia Cooke-Hurle b. 1970
> Penelope Cooke-Hurle b. 1971
>
> [end of extract]
>
> Any connection to Alison Margaret Cooke-Hurle, now Countess of Rosse,
> wife of Lord Snowdon's half-brother the 7th Earl of Rosse, via his
> mother and daughter of Major John Davey Cooke-Hurle.?

> Seehttp://thepeerage.com/p1113.htm

Shinjinee

Feb 15, 2010, 9:03:32 PM2/15/10
to Peerage News
Yet another Cooke-Hurle sighting

http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/engagements/announcement107878.aspx

November 26th, 2009
MR C.J.M. COOKE-HURLE AND MISS K.A. GARRIDO PEÑA
The engagement is announced between Christopher (Digger), younger son
of Mr and Mrs J.F. Cooke-Hurle, of Startforth Hall, Co Durham, and
Karina, only daughter of Señor Garrido and Señora Isabel Peña, of
Temuco, Chile.

Is the father John Fielding Cooke-Hurle (b. 1948), brother of the
Countess of Rosse?

http://www.airgale.com.au/cooke-hurle/d3.htm#i826
and about the happy fiance
http://www.maydencroftrural.com/about-us.html

And for those looking further back, this may have clues
http://www.bob-hammersley.co.uk/hurle/williamhurle_of_MD.htm

Burke's LG: Cooke-Hurle LG family of Startforth Hall, Barnard Castle,
Co Durham

Norah Fry is otherwise "Mrs Norah Cooke Hurle (d. 1960) of Kilve
Court."

Shinjinee (going offline)