Kershaw Baronets list January 2022

colinp

Jan 10, 2022, 1:01:41 PM1/10/22
to Peerage News
Stephen Kershaw's baronets list has been updated and can be found on  History | The Standing Council of the Baronetage
It is dated 1 January 2022 though has only recently been uploaded to the website.

It will be a little while before I have time to go through the list in detail

bx...@yahoo.com

Jan 11, 2022, 6:24:05 PM1/11/22
to Peerage News
colinp, thanks for the post.

Brooke

Henry W

Jan 15, 2022, 1:40:38 PM1/15/22
to Peerage News
Thanks Colin,

I've found a way with a bit of programming skill to effectively get around the long manual labour of doing a line by line comparison. Getting the data into a comparable format still took about an hour.

I have begun to do some checking of the corrections I listed in other threads.
STAMER baronets - title has had B 1983 status removed after discovery of two possible heirs (Julian & Robin).  Whilst Debrett's database gives no dates of birth, Kershaw is presumably confident they were born after their parents marriage.

HANSON baronets [1918] - my find of an heir born 2011 seems to be confirmed, even though I expressed some scepticism about my find after checks in social media.

I think all the other corrections that were pointed out have been made.

Amongst the Baronets (and not Peers)
The following titles moved from B 1982 to A 1982 as their youngest heir turns 40 this year: Blunden, Booth, Grotrian, Macready, Orr-Ewing 1886, Salt 1869, Shuckburgh, Williams 1866, Young 1945

The following titles have acquired a Kershaw status when they previously had none.  This is usually due to the second youngest heir having been born in 1982, and so there will only be one heir born after 1982 now, which automatically will acquire B status.
Beckett (B 1987), Forbes Adam (B 1989), Jaffray (B 1990), Markham (B 2003), Milburn (B 2011), Munro 1634 (B 1990 (to dorm)), Tyrwhitt (B 2019), White 1904 (B 2021)

Amongst the Baronets who are also peers
The following titles moved from B 1982 to A 1982 as their youngest heir turns 40 this year: Kearley (Viscount Devonport)

The following titles have acquired a Kershaw status when they previously had none: Browne (Lord Kilmaine, B 1987 (to dorm)), Cocks (Lord Somers, B 1995 (to dorm)), Forbes (Earl of Granard, B 1989 (to dorm)), Palmer (Lord Palmer, B 2019), Parnell (Lord Congleton, B 1990)

A further title changed status due to the birth of a new young heir and I didn't note in my annual summary of births, though the birth was posted to the group: Henniker-Major (Lord Henniker) changed from B 1986 to B 2021.

I will investigate all the above titles to see if any heirs have escaped notice.

Henry W

Jan 15, 2022, 2:13:44 PM1/15/22
to Peerage News
MILBURN baronets (UK 1905).  Listed by Kershaw as B 2011 (son of the ha). There is a further young heir.

In fact the last heir to the title Peter B M. (b 1966) married 1998 Shrewsbury to Claire Louise STANLEY.

They have issue (twins):
A son, L J M. b Q2 2006 Shropshire
A dau, M E M. b Q2 2006 Shropshire

Henry W

Jan 15, 2022, 2:34:23 PM1/15/22
to Peerage News
TYRWHITT baronets (UK 1919). Listed by Kershaw as B 2019 (son of the ha).  There are two further young heirs (whilst all the marriages below are in Debrett's database, none of the issue are, so I am including all male & female issue for reference)

St John T A T. (born 1980), son of John Charles T. (bro of the 3rd Bt), m 2013 Nina GAMBORG. They have issue:
A dau, I N T. born Q4 2016 Oxfordshire

Oliver E J T. (born 1982), son of John Charles T. (ante), m 2013 Dr Wai Tze CHENG. They have issue:
A dau, A C Y M T. born Q4 2014 Kingston upon Thames
A son, A J Y J T. born Q3 2018 K-u-T

Alexander W J T. (born 1984), son of John Charles T. (ante), m 2013 Catriona WATTS. They have issue:
A son, J A H T. born Q1 2015 Kensington & Chelsea
A dau, L O M T. born Q2 2017 K&C

Henry W

Jan 16, 2022, 4:07:09 PM1/16/22
to Peerage News
BROWNE baronets (NS 1636) & KILMAINE barons (I 1789).  Listed by Kershaw as B 1990 (to dorm) [there are additional known heirs to the baronetcy only].  There seems to be further heirs, certainly one is in remainder. I spent quite a while on this on social media and its still not all that clear to me!  New details not included in Debrett's database in red.

Issue of Edward James CAULFEILD-BROWNE MBE (1903 - 1984), descended from the 3rd son of the 1st Baron KILMAINE.
by 1st m 1925 (diss 1941) to Eileen May O'HEARN (died 1986):
1. Noreen BROWNE (b 1926) m twice. No issue.
2. Reginald Malcolm C-B (1928 - 1998) m twice with issue from both marriages
2.1 (by 1st m) Loretta S C-B. (born 1955) m with issue
2.2 Yolanda T C-B. (born born 1956) m twice with issue by 1st m.
2.3 (by 2nd m) Mark C-B. (born 1966) heir presumptive to the title. He appears unm.
2.4 Helen L C-B. (born 1973) has issue.

by 2nd m 1942 Mary Winifred GREEN (died 1987)
3. Dawn Rosemary C-B (b 1943) m with issue.
4. Nigel George C-B (b 1947) m 4 times with issue from 1st, 2nd, 3rd marriages.
4.1 (by 1st m) Sharon A C-B (b 1970) m.
4.2 (by 2nd m) James Alexander C-B (1976 - 2000)
4.3 Sophie V C-B (born 1978)
4.4 Lucy A C-B (born 1980)
4.5 (by 3rd m) Matthew J C-B (born 1987).  He m 2016 Emily DAY and with her has issue:
4.5.1 (a son)
 N J C-B. (born Q2 2019 Medway)
Additionally his wife is shown to be heavily pregnant in December 2021 in social media.

Nigel definitely has 5 grandchildren from a pic in social media (dated April 2020) - definitely two boys (other than 4.5.1).  Amongst them is a boy called George C-B. born abt 2005? - cannot locate in GRO records. He may have adopted his mother's maiden name later and in actual fact is not in remainder?

5. Robin James CAULFEILD-BROWNE (1949 - 2021)
https://groups.google.com/g/peerage-news/c/BfLfaRw6Mno/m/feM_BUIvAQAJ
See post about his death - notice includes his 3 sons (all known to Debrett's database), and also references to dau-in-law and 4 grandchildren (all unknown to DB database)
His sons are:
5.1 (by 1st m) Edward P C-B (born 1972) - he appears to be in a relationship with Clare MAYNARD (they might be married, though she has not taken his name).  The situation in social media is pretty confusing - they appear to have 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls), but there is evidence the first 3 are from Clare's previous relationship.  I could only locate one child in GRO records (who appears to be the youngest).
5.1.1 (a son) R T M C-B. (born Q4 2013 Surrey, found in the GRO)

5.2 Christopher R C-B. (born 1974) - he appears to be in a civil partnership with Samuel COLLINS.
5.3 (by 2nd m) Jason R C-B. (born 1987) - engaged 2018 to Kimberley HOWARD. Are they married?  They have issue (sex not obvious in photos and no name given) born 2020/2021

Henry W

Jan 16, 2022, 4:16:18 PM1/16/22
to Peerage News
The following titles have acquired a Kershaw status when they previously had none.  This is usually due to the second youngest heir having been born in 1982, and so there will only be one heir born after 1982 now, which automatically will acquire B status.

I've realised the above statement is not accurate. The titles that acquired a B Kershaw status now have one or no heirs born in 1988 or later. These titles can have multiple heirs born between 1983 and 1987 (inclusive)

Henry W

Jan 16, 2022, 6:19:16 PM1/16/22
to Peerage News
On the KILMAINE barons front, who is Bill CAULFEILD-BROWNE? https://www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca/about-me/
He seems to be resident in Canada, but may have grown up in England (Exeter?). He can also be found in social media - I would estimate born mid 1940s from the details (at University 1962 - 1965)

The surname is so unusual that there is a strong chance he is a dynast, but I cannot locate him in any books? Is he an unknown descendant of Edwin C-B. (b 1895)?

colinp

Jan 23, 2022, 9:09:40 AM1/23/22
to Peerage News
TYRWHITT baronets (UK 1919) -
St John T A T. (born 1980), son of John Charles T. (bro of the 3rd Bt), m 2013 Nina GAMBORG. They have FURTHER issue:

a dau MM b regd Q4 2019 Oxfordshire

Henry W

Jan 23, 2022, 9:36:29 AM1/23/22
to Peerage News
Thanks Colin - your posting this caused me to check and GRO indices for births and deaths are now complete to end of 2020.

In August 2021 I posted the following to the previous iteration of this thread:
JEPHCOTT baronets (UK 1962)
Listed as B 1989 by Kershaw. The youngest heir is Rich(ard) L J. (b 1989); he m 2017 Jessie SALMON and with her has issue: I R J. (a dau) b Q2 2018 Devon, and a second child seen in social media b 2020 - I cannot make a guess as to the sex.

We are now able to find the second child, and it's a boy:
H F L J. (a son) b Q1 2020 Devon.

This was the only title against which I had a note of a child of unknown sex born 2020.  It will take some time to systematically check titles lacking in heirs for Q4 2019 / 2020 births. Some titles with common surnames can be quite challenging.

colinp

Jan 26, 2022, 1:41:03 PM1/26/22
to Peerage News

BROWNE (Lord Kilmaine)hp’s surname is Caulfeild-Browne (DPG also make the same error)

COCKS (Baron Somers) – this is now marked B1995(to dorm or ext).  However there is a further young male heir – Jake Peter Jeff Cocks b 1991 son of Paul Brentnall Cocks b 1964 son of late Peter Douglas Cocks (1937-2016) – 4th block of collaterals in DPG.  He may have been excluded by Stephen Kershaw because in DPG2019 Peter Douglas’s marriage is not shown with a date thus casting doubt on whether his children were legitimate.  In DPG online this marriage is now shown as 1961 and thus Paul Brentnall was legitimate.  Incidentally Paul Brentnall and his 1st wife have divorced and he m (2) Rieko and has further issue Ghen b 200-.  Not sure if Ghen male or female and of course not clear whether s/he legitimate.

INGLIS (1687) – this should perhaps be marked “A 1973 to dorm” as no heirs, other than the present baronet’s son, are known

colinp

Feb 11, 2022, 5:06:44 PM2/11/22
to Peerage News
BLENNERHASSETT (1809)

gro.gov.uk  gives two children for a Blennerhassett/Lloyd marriage (both regd Kensington & Chelsea) ie most likely  the ha Charles Henry Blennerhassett and his wife Katherine Margaret nee Lloyd

a son BCMB b Q3/2015
a dau RIMB b Q2/2017

It seems therefore this baronetcy should be re-categorised as B2015

Henry W

Jul 24, 2022, 8:13:23 AM7/24/22
to Peerage News
PILE baronets (cr 1900)
This title is listed by Kershaw as B 1984.  With 4 male heirs born from 1978 to 1984, all seemingly unmarried in Debrett's database, it seemed likely that there would be some updates.

I am unable to locate the heir apparent, Thomas C D P. in social media.

Hugh J D P. (born 1980), 2nd son of Sir Anthony P., 4th Baronet, m. 2019 Aneta MATLOK (of Poland)  [social media]
Issue:  (a dau) F A D PILE b Q3 2020 Kensington & Chelsea (GRO)

Jon(athan) M D P. (born 1981), eldest son of Timothy P. (yngr bro of the 4th Bt), m. 2013 Hannah TAYLOR [social media]
Issue:
(a son) A G D P. b Q4 2014 Wandsworth
(a dau) E F D P. b Q2 2018 Wandsworth (both in GRO)
(there is another possible birth in 2020 to P/T parents, but I think this is unrelated as no mention of a 3rd child in social media)
NB - this engagement clearly did not go ahead.

Christopher J D P. (born 1984), 2nd son of Timothy P. (ante), m. (year unknown - pre 2012 - she has taken his name) Katie PARDOE [social media]
Issue:
(a son) B J D P. b Q4 2011 Solihull
(a dau) E R P P. b Q2 2014 Birmingham
(a son) J H D P. b Q2 2017 Solihull
(a dau) C V P P. b Q1 2020 Solihull  (all from GRO, but little to no mention in social media)

Victoria J D P. (born 1987), elder dau of Timothy P. (ante), m. (year unknown - pre-2018 - she has taken his name) ____ McLAREN

Henry W

Aug 1, 2022, 7:42:36 PM8/1/22
to Peerage News
An update on the Baron KILMAINE front and a line of possible collaterals given in Debrett's database and the 2008 edition:

Descendants, if any, of late Edwin Caulfeild Browne (b 1895), son of late James Cecil Caulfeild Browne, son of late Rev William James Caulfeild Browne, son of late Rev James Caulfeild Browne, DCL, son of late Hon George Browne, 3rd son of 1st Baron.

According to Burke's Peerage 1980 he was born 27 September 1895.  A man named Edwin C BROWNE of the same date of birth is found in the 1939 Register living in Wokingham, Berkshire in the household of Charles W SNELL (his brother in law). He is listed as single.

A probate record for Edwin Caulfield BROWNE shows that he died 9 February 1960, and that he was of Finchampstead, Berkshire at the time.  Probate was granted to Frank HENDERSON.

A check of the marriage records between 1939 and 1960 shows one marriage for a Edwin C BROWNE to Lillian HENDERSON, registered Q2 1956 Wokingham. A check of the birth records shows a family of B/H children in this period in the Durham area, and I would conclude they are likely to belong to another family.  I would conclude that Frank was a stepson and this was a "late in life" marriage for them both and so no issue was likely.

Whilst I don't conclusively rule out some descendant in remainder, I think it is unlikely on the evidence available.