Kershaw Baronets list 1 August 2022

colinp

Aug 1, 2022, 4:23:19 PM8/1/22
to Peerage News
Stephen Kershaw's baronets list has been updated and can be found under the History tab at www.baronetage.org:

Henry W

Aug 4, 2022, 10:53:41 AM8/4/22
to Peerage News
I spent some time on this and once again was able to get my computer to do a good check of the differences between the January 2022 list, this August 2022 list, and the changes I was expecting to see based on the Group's posts.

As ever, the vast majority of changes were as expected.

Baronet changes (not expected based on our posts)
Graham (1906) - surname of 5th Bt now given as GRAHAM OF LARBERT
Lacy - first middle name spelt Bryan (not Brian)
McCowan - heir's middle initials changed.
Stewart (1803) - previously had no Kershaw status annotation; now given as A 1979 (to dorm).  I suspect that on the death of the 7th Bt this year, a review of Debrett's indicated that a block of collaterals [descendants of Donald Walton Stewart, descended from 2nd son of 1st Bt] has uncertain dates of marriage and birth, making dormancy a possibility.  Beyond this block of collaterals, there are many more young heirs.

Peers changes (not expected based on our posts)
Gough (Viscount GOUGH) - extra middle name given
Lubbock (Baron AVEBURY) - extra middle name given
Parsons (Earl of ROSSE) - 3 extra middle names given

Queries over Status
I have the following queries over the Kershaw status
Laurie - shown as B 2006, but a son of the heir presumptive was born 2020 also (see post)
Jenkinson - no status shown, however, I can only find one young male heir so it should be B 2022. There was some confusion about another possible heir, but I am relatively sure that person is female (see post)

colinp

Aug 5, 2022, 4:56:21 PM8/5/22
to Peerage News
HILL of Bradford (1917) should move from A 1973 to B 2010.  DPB online shows that the ha James Laurence Ingram Hill has a son James Benjamin Henry b 2010 as well two daughters

Henry W

Aug 5, 2022, 6:39:20 PM8/5/22
to Peerage News
MILLER OF GLENLEE (GB 1788)
Listed by Kershaw as A 1981 (to dorm).  I think the dormany issue was that the block of collaterals descended from Graham, half uncle of the 8th Bt had uncertain dates of birth and marriage in Debrett's 2008.  Debrett's database now gives a date of marriage for Alistair and a circa date of birth for his son, who appears to be in remainder.  I think it should now be listed as B 1999.

Henry W

Aug 6, 2022, 8:03:00 AM8/6/22
to Peerage News
BERNEY (E 1620) listed as B 1987 (to dorm or ext)
Debrett's database list the heir apparent as m 2013 with issue, including an unnamed son.
Investigation in social media suggests this son born May 2018 (not ca 2017 as in Debrett's database) - he is referred to as Tom / Tommy in social media.
I think the title should be listed as B 2018 (to dorm or ext)

Henry W

Aug 7, 2022, 5:56:03 AM8/7/22
to Peerage News
PIERS baronets (I 1661)
Listed as B 1985 (to dorm or ext)
There are several males in Debrett's database born 1970s/80s seemingly unmarried - I suspect there is incomplete information.  There seem to be unknown descendants of Gordon Harry PIERS (1920 - 2022).

The youngest & final heir is Thomas Michael PIERS (born 1985)- google indicates that he is a Neurologist at UCL.   Careful inspection of Electoral Roll records suggests that he has married (approx 2012-2016) Claire Louise WILLIAMS.  If correct they seem to have issue:  (a son) R T P. born Q2 2018 Hammersmith & Fulham.

Henry W

Aug 12, 2022, 4:11:17 PM8/12/22
to Peerage News
THOMPSON baronets [of Walton] (UK 1963)
Listed as B 2009, but I think should have no status.
Debrett's database lists another young heir, being a son of the 2nd son of the 2nd Bt, born 2013.

Henry W

Aug 12, 2022, 4:16:38 PM8/12/22
to Peerage News
THOMSON baronets (UK 1925)
Listed as B 1983, but I think should have no status.
Debrett's database lists two sons of the heir apparent, born 2013 & 2015 respectively.

colinp

Aug 16, 2022, 5:05:45 PM8/16/22
to Peerage News
JEJEEBHOY (1857) - Listed as B 1986, the ha Jehangir who m 2012 Naira Sam Variava.  DPB online states they have twins Zia and Ava b 2019.  Zia could be male.  The family are Parsees so maybe Zia is a male name in that tradition?

colinp

Aug 26, 2022, 4:24:37 PM8/26/22
to Peerage News
JEJEEBHOY (1857) DPB online has been amended to confirm Zia and Ava are twin daughters

colinp

Aug 30, 2022, 11:52:17 AM8/30/22
to Peerage News

A few additional comments/observations:

BROWNE (Lord Kilmaine) – no A/B designation presumably following Henry’s research – see thread re Kershaw list January 2022

BURBIDGE – DPB online now lists the ha Cole as b c2006 so this should now be “B c2006” [Henry W believes he was born 2005 - BURBIDGE, Sir Peter Dudley, 6th Baronet (1942 - c 2020) (google.com)]

CHETWYND – see Mark’s post 27/2/2021 – no update on DPB online Chetwynd baronets (google.com)

FAIRLIE-CUNNINGHAME – see Henry’s post 18/01/2021 – no change to DPB online though fairlie-Cuninghame/Belasyse-Smith (google.com)

GRAHAM OF LARBERT – perhaps the ha to the baronetcy should be James Graham of Larbert yr?

HYDE-PARKER – new Bt is the 13th

JESSEL – DPB states the ha, Charles, was b 2000

LAURIE – DPB online now lists Robert Angus E b 2020 as son of hp (see Henry’s comment above)

JENKINSON – DPB online now lists Jordi and Phoenix (children of Oliver and Camilla) – DPB online states their marriage 2017 though of course Jordi’s birth announcement lists Camilla retaining her Awwad surname (see Henry’s comment above)

MULHOLLAND (Lord Dunleath)  - should be B 1986 (as before) as the recent births are not in remainder to Baronetcy (as pointed out by Stephen Sinclair) MULHOLLAND, Charles Nicholas Ignatius b 2022 (google.com)

SKINNER – possible son and ha Alexander –SKINNER, Sir (Thomas) Keith Hewitt 4th Bt 1927-2021 (google.com)

colinp

Sep 9, 2022, 4:42:18 PM9/9/22
to Peerage News
LAWRENCE Bt 1867

DPB online reveals the ha Thomas Lawrence has a second son Inigo b 2019 so this baronetcy loses its B designation

colinp

Sep 9, 2022, 4:57:54 PM9/9/22
to Peerage News
LEA Bt 1892

DPB online reveals the hp Alexander Lea has married and has 2 sons Frederick b 2013 and Felix b 2020 and a deceased son.  This baronetcy therefore loses its B designation

Henry W

Oct 10, 2022, 4:58:20 PM10/10/22
to Peerage News
BROOKSBANK baronets

Not technically a correction as this title already has enough young heirs, but a couple more to be added:

The heir apparent Florian Tom Charles B. m 2015 Tiffany Rose LAWSON.

GRO indices indicate two sons:
O S B. born Q2 2015 Camden (may not be in remainder depending on dates)
N R B. born Q4 2017 Camden

If correct one of these is the heir in line.

colinp

Oct 26, 2022, 8:11:18 AM10/26/22
to Peerage News
HERON-MAXWELL (1687)

This baronetcy should now be B 2015.
DPB online records the marriage of the ha David Mellor HERON-MAXWELL b 1975 in 2012 to Emma Louise RANGER and they have issue Jack Edward b 2015 and Grace Rose b 2013

colinp

Nov 11, 2022, 5:02:25 PM11/11/22
to Peerage News
OAKES (1939)

This baronetcy should lose its B designation
DPB online records the marriage of the ha Victor OAKES b 1983 to Ashley WRIGHT and they have:
Sawyer S b 2014 and Jackson C b 2016

From facebook it would appear both children are boys.  It seems they are resident in Canada

Henry W

Nov 12, 2022, 4:29:49 PM11/12/22
to Peerage News
Debrett's online seems to have an impossible 1980 marriage date for Victor and Ashley.  This date may need to be clarified to be sure the boys are in remainder.

colinp

Dec 12, 2022, 4:18:41 PM12/12/22
to Peerage News
RUSSELL Baronets (1916)
It may be worth noting that DPB online records a marriage in 2021 between the ha Charles William Russell b 1988 to Mariam Faghihi