The Lady Mirabel Magdalen Kelly (1931-2008)

Michael Rhodes

Jul 28, 2008, 1:36:16 PM7/28/08
to Peerage News
The Lady Mirabel Magdalen Kelly (nee Fitzalan Howard), who died 25
July, 2008, aged 76, was a sister of the 17th Duke of Norfolk, KG
(1915-2002). She was born 25 Oct 1931, seventh of the eight children
of the 3rd Baron Howard of Glossop, by his wife Mona, in her own right
Baroness Beaumont. In 1975 she was raised to the rank of a duke's
daughter on the succession to the dukedom of Norfolk of her brother,
Miles. (All her siblings had christian names beginning with the letter
"M". Miles, Michael, Mariegold, Martin, Miriam, Miranda, and Mark).
She married 11 July, 1952, Bernard Kelly, son of Sir David Victor
Kelly, and had issue, six children. The funeral will be on Thursday 31
July 2008 at Holy Cross Church, Ashington Road, Parsons Green, London.

===

bx...@yahoo.com

Jul 31, 2008, 12:55:24 PM7/31/08
to Peerage News
Maybe the "long lost" 9th sibling was Madonna and that's how she got
her "British" accent!

Brooke

On Jul 28, 1:36�pm, Michael Rhodes <migx73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Michael Rhodes

Sep 10, 2008, 1:09:03 PM9/10/08
to Peerage News
Lady Mirabel Kelly, who has died aged 76, lived a life that fulfilled
the expectations of the term noblesse oblige; the sister of a duke,
the wife of a financier, the mother of eight children and a devout
Roman Catholic, she spent such time as she had left to herself in the
performance of quiet acts of compassion and kindness that earned her a
reputation for saintliness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/2712491/Lady-Mirabel-Kelly.html

===

Turenne

Sep 10, 2008, 6:25:40 PM9/10/08
to Peerage News
Michael Rhodes wrote:

>(All her siblings had christian names beginning with the letter
>"M". Miles, Michael, Mariegold, Martin, Miriam, Miranda, and Mark).

I seem to remember that the 17th duke's brother Michael had four sons;
three of whom were named 'Tom, Dick and Harry'.

Richard L

Shinjinee

Sep 11, 2008, 12:47:26 AM9/11/08
to Peerage News
Theroff files has the most updated version of her children, their
marriages and divorces (1 so far I think)
and grandchildren.

Shinjinee