Geoffrey Michael Layton, 3rd Baron Layton (1947-?2019)

Baronetcy Lady

Feb 25, 2019, 10:51:49 AM2/25/19
to Peerage News
I've just been told that Baron Layton has died, but do not have an exact date of death nor can I find an obit (as yet).  Has anyone else heard anything?

bx...@yahoo.com

Feb 25, 2019, 4:08:29 PM2/25/19
to Peerage News
Can't help but think if only Leigh were here, we would have known that already.

RIP, Leigh

Brooke

marquess

Feb 26, 2019, 8:18:27 AM2/26/19
to Peerage News

Incidentally,  have their there been any new male heirs for this peerage?  My Debrett's 2011 doesn't show any of the 4 male heirs  born between 74 and 82 as being married.

pyvery

Feb 26, 2019, 11:45:51 AM2/26/19
to Peerage News
When mark Layton ,the brother of the new Baron died last year ,he is recorded as being the grandfather of Arran and it would appear that both of his sons are married.

colinp

Feb 26, 2019, 5:01:34 PM2/26/19
to Peerage News
Yes, Debretts records Mark Oliver's son Timothy John b 1974 (m 2001 Alexandra Morag Hay) having a son Arran Cosmo Layton-Hay b 2012 and a dau Maia Alice Layton-Hay b 2007.  His yr son Peter Thomas b 1976 m 2016 Katrin Sailer and have Finn Sailer-Layton b 2018 and Lina Sailer-Layton b 2016

Nick Kingsley

Mar 11, 2019, 5:35:04 AM3/11/19
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any confirmation of this death yet? Seems to be nothing in Times obits and none of the peerage websites have been updated to this effect.

pyvery

Mar 13, 2019, 8:31:42 AM3/13/19
to Peerage News
Could baronetcy lady go back to her source and confirm that the 3rd Lord Layton has died ?

bx...@yahoo.com

Apr 3, 2019, 8:01:36 AM4/3/19
to Peerage News
Still no updates?

Brooke

Nick Kingsley

Apr 7, 2019, 6:22:33 AM4/7/19
to peerag...@googlegroups.com
I have seen nothing.

Baronetcy Lady

Apr 8, 2019, 5:28:46 AM4/8/19
to Peerage News
I haven't found anything either and as nobody on here has unearthed anything, it would appear to be wrong.  If something were to be found, I believe members of this forum would find it, no matter how obscure.  One of the reasons why I posted the query in the first place.  I have emailed my source to see if anything further can be added, particularly if they have any proof, and will report back when/if I hear.  Thanks everyone for your input.

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 11:22:33 UTC+1, Nick Kingsley wrote:
I have seen nothing.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 1:01 PM 'bx...@yahoo.com' via Peerage News <peerag...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Still no updates?

Brooke

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 10:51:49 AM UTC-5, Baronetcy Lady wrote:
I've just been told that Baron Layton has died, but do not have an exact date of death nor can I find an obit (as yet).  Has anyone else heard anything?

Jelena JS

Apr 8, 2019, 6:43:30 AM4/8/19
to Peerage News
I think all this discussion should be deleted.

Richard R

Apr 8, 2019, 6:51:06 AM4/8/19
to Peerage News
Thanks all. I've been monitoring this. If the original poster comes back and confirms there's no proof to this rumour then I agree this thread should be deleted, and I will take the necessary action to do that.
Message has been deleted

Baronetcy Lady

Apr 10, 2019, 5:37:11 AM4/10/19
to Peerage News
I have heard back from my source.  Lord Layton died in hospital on 4 August 2018.  The hospital took some time to find his next of kin and did not know of his status.  Hence no obit.  I am told that his HA is in the process of filing his claim. For the record,  my source is a family member who is understandably upset by the whole matter as it took some several months for them to hear of the news.

Richard R

Apr 10, 2019, 5:45:49 AM4/10/19
to Peerage News
Thanks for doing the "due diligence" on this. I'm always mindful when posting, especially deaths, that a grieving relative may be reading my post. So I try to make it factual & respectful without any personal comment from me, so I quite understand your point in this instance.

bx...@yahoo.com

Apr 10, 2019, 5:03:31 PM4/10/19
to Peerage News
Sorry to hear the news was true.

Thank you, Baronetcy Lady, for posting this information.

Brooke

Nick Kingsley

Apr 15, 2019, 6:29:31 AM4/15/19
to peerag...@googlegroups.com

From my 2015 Debrett I assume the new peer is his cousin, Jonathan Francis Layton (b. 16 February 1942).

Nick Kingsley

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard R

Apr 15, 2019, 7:36:09 AM4/15/19
to Peerage News
Hi Nick
Yes, that's right. The new peer's details:

[Rt Hon] Jonathan Francis LAYTON (b 1942) [4th Baron]. Has yet to establish his claim and appear on The Peerage Roll. He m 1971 Julia M (b 1947 reg Q3 Essex) d of Stephen Richard G GOODWIN (1919-2007) by his 1941 m (reg Hertfordshire) to Elizabeth Winifred SWINSON (1921-2009), and had two sons and a dau:

SONS LIVING
JEREMY STEPHEN Layton (b 1978), no marriage shown
Robert Jonathan (b 1982), no marriage shown

DAUGHTER LIVING
Jessica Keith (b 1974)

Nick Kingsley

Apr 15, 2019, 7:37:18 AM4/15/19
to peerag...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks!

Nick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

May 5, 2019, 11:17:18 AM5/5/19
to peerag...@googlegroups.com

Can anyone with a recent Debretts tell me whether Alexander Rupert Baring, 7th Baron Revelstoke (b. 1970) is married or not? An engagement which was announced in about 2012 fell through, and he was unmarried according to my 2015 edition. However in the last few years press comment about Lambay Castle and Lambay Island - which is owned by the Revelstoke Trust - makes frequent reference to "Alex and Millie Baring" (he seems not to use the title much). There seems to be no record of a marriage in the archive of this group, unless I have missed something.

Nick Kingsley

G. Willis

May 5, 2019, 12:07:14 PM5/5/19
to Peerage News
Hello Nick,

I came across a few online references to Lambay Whisky and 'Alexander Baring and his sister Millie'-

As the 6th Lord Revelstoke had a daughter Miranda, I presume 'Millie' to be her nickname.

EDIT: There is also an IMDB page for a 'Millie Baring' which lists her birth name as 'Miranda Louise Baring', the same as that of the aforementioned daughter of the 6th Lord Revelstoke.

bx...@yahoo.com

May 5, 2019, 12:27:36 PM5/5/19
to Peerage News
Hi Nick.

Just checked Debrett's 2019.

The 7th Baron Revelstoke is still unmarried.

Brooke

pyvery

May 15, 2019, 5:43:23 AM5/15/19
to Peerage News
Surely the last three posts should go under revelstoke rather than layton

colinp

Aug 31, 2022, 4:28:52 PM8/31/22
to Peerage News
DPB online shows that the  ha Jeremy Stephen Layton b 1978 m 2012 Debra Mackintosh "and has issue" but no details.  I have checked GRO for issue of a Layton/Mackintosh marriage but nothing is coming up.